Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr - can you please help

Please can anyone help
    No matter what I do I cannot get Smart Render to work. Everytime I create file it re renders the complete project. Can anyone please give me some step by step instructions on how to use this function. Previews work great.
    I have followed all the suggestions I can find but I have not tried re-installing Vid Tools and MSP 6.

Do me a favor....

IF you have Smartrender checked in your render options (it's on the General tab) then proceed as follows....

1. use explorer and check the framerate of one of video files (right click the file and select Properties. Select the Details tab). Write it down.

2. start a new project with the same frame size, codec and set the frame rate to 29.97 fps for NTSC, 25 fps for PAL.

3. load the same file you checked before into the timeline and check its properties again (right click the file and select Properties again)

Are the frame rates different?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi

I am using PAL

Matrox has captured the file at frame rate of 24.969. When put in msp the frame rate shows the same. What I normally do is trim the clips to the required size and then render. I then use this these clips to build up my project and they are also now 25 fps which should match the settings and be ok with smart render I think. When I change anything in the project should I choose and overwrite the previous file I created?. The info in the manual is not very clear.
      Thanks for your help.

Also what does the patch do that the dutchman has to VT??

Comment

Try using the File/Convert/Frame Rate menu item to convert the frame rate of your files to 25 fps. This may take a while so just try one to start with. After it's done put it into a 25fps project, add an effect to the end of is (crossfade would be good) and see if it smartrenders on export.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi

Converted the frame rate and then put the file in the timeline, added crossfade and then created video file. I named this file differently from the original. It took 4 mins to create the 39 sec clip. Have I done this correctly if so it still seems not to work. I do appreciate your time helping with this. Do you know any good MSP forums?
          Can you please let me have the flying dutchmans patch.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by apolloneon (edited 24 February 2001).]

Comment

It's got nothing to do with the format you're using and everythging to do with a bug in MSP6 that crops up from time to time. The dead giveaway was the *.969 fractional frame rate. Matrox seldom captures < 29.970. More often it captures >30, which is why so many of use use AVI_IO.

The problem is that sometimes MSPro will read the properties of the file and misreport them as either 24.969 or 29.969 fps, depending on if it's PAL or NTSC. This throws off smartrender which uses the actual settings you give it in the project settings, usually 25 or 29.970 fps.

The result is it then renders the whole shebang to "correct" the frame rate that isn't wrong to start with.

I'm working on a workaround, but haven't had time to really finish it (if that's even possible). I also have reported the problem to Ulead for their techs to work on.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 27 March 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X