Ctrl+w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctrl+w

Can I make it so that CTRL+W doesn't automatically close my Firefox window? It's SUPER annoying, when I'm trying to hit CTRL + S and I miss, closing ALL of my tabs without even prompting me.

Re: Ctrl+w

Originally posted by Kooldino
    Can I make it so that CTRL+W doesn't automatically close my Firefox window? It's SUPER annoying, when I'm trying to hit CTRL + S and I miss, closing ALL of my tabs without even prompting me.
    I don't know what you messed up, but, that's <B>not</B> what Ctrl+W does. It only closes the current tab.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I didn't mess up anything, it's done this for several installs. I do have a plugin that opens all things that would normally open in a new window, but in a new tab instead. *shrugs*

Comment

Then that sounds like the first place to look. Something is wrong with your install.

Ctrl+W closes a tab, Ctrl+Shift+W closes the window.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sounds like you have some custom key settings in your profile. You could try checking in the prefs.js or user.js files for something related to a key mapping.
          I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

AHh, it seems like CTRL+SHIFT+W is my problem. It annoys the piss out of me. Any way I can disable it??

Comment

Keep an eye on your fingers ?????
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                Keep an eye on your fingers ?????
                Yeah yeah, and about once every two weeks I miss CTRL+SHIFT+S and hit CTRL+SHIFT+W

Comment

what does CTRL-SHIFT-S do?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                    what does CTRL-SHIFT-S do?
                    Gets an incoming message from Trillian.

Comment

Temporary work around: I set CTRL+SHIFT+W to do the same as CTRL+SHIFT+S in Trillian. Works so far, seems like Trillian's hotkeys take precidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X