Country Bumpkins meet the police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Bumpkins meet the police

Pro hunt protesters discovered as we townies know that riot police aren't ones to play around with.

Perhaps they learn't a little how a fox feels just before it's torn to shreds.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Guess you are not a pro-hunt guy then? I was amazed at the footage. Seemed to me a lot opf lower class protesters, not your everyday duke, count and landlord at all. What's in it for them anyway (the protesters)?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

They are the people employed by ' your everyday duke, count and landlord'.

These people are complaining primarily because when the bill is passed they will be forced out of a job.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Also rent a mob also come along to hijack the protest.

Fox hunting should go the way of bear bating extinct.

Now if the fox could shoot back they'd lose interest very rapidly and then you could call it a sport.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They could make this a sport.

Pro Hunters v Police. Everyone will love it.

Police batter the hunters and when they finally learn to run, like the fox the police can get their dogs out and then chase them.

You'll have the nice sight of the pro hunter being chewed by police dogs. It isn't a problem becuase they'll be enjoying it really.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I read some short book written by some duke entitled guide to vainity or something like that.

He basically said, the higher and longer in possession your rank, the less you can care about fox hunting and social obligations. On the other hand, the recent nobility or wannabees need to adhere the customs strictly.

He also said, that butlers and othe servants are generally more snobbish than their masters.

Edit: it was this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...810741-0529409

The Duke of Bedford's book of snobs by John Robert Russell Bedford
            Last edited by UtwigMU; 17 September 2004, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
            X