Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No combination of intermediate filters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No combination of intermediate filters...

Don't know if this is a hardware or driver problem, but since I am using old matrox hardware, I thought I would post here just in case.

I am running MSP 7 under Win Me using a RainbowRunner (for legacy reasons). When I try to open a clip in the video editor by double clicking on it I get the message: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection. I have tried installing the latest Direct X (9.0c) and installed the DirectX runtime on the CD. I have put the recommended items in the Ulead32.ini file.

I also cannot similarly open an audio file from within the video editor. I can open the audio of an AVI with the Audio Editor, but it gets an error if I try to write it back (after a normalize or other change).

Is there any way to get this to work properly?

Is this an issue of using Windows Me? Will these problems go away when I upgrade to a new computer running Win XP? I ask about the OS, because MSP 5.2 started having problems after upgrading to Win Me.

Or is it the RainbowRunner driver that is the problem? Will things work better once I start editing MiniDV?

Thanks for any help or hints.

Peter

Has it worked before? Combining MSP7 with such an ancient relic as the RainbowRunner seems a fragile combination. If you switch to WinXP, the RR will be useless, making DV a logical step forward. But with WinXP you can also stay analog if you buy a decent WDM driven capture card or an analog-DV convertor.
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

The fourCC code for Matrox's MJPeg is DMB1, not the usual MJPG.

No. It very likely won't work under WinME and most definitely won't work in Win2K or WinXP at all. According to the Matrox drivers page your OS choices are Win95, Win98, Win98SE and WinNT4;

Legacy OS's:

Newer OS's:

This is because the RRS drivers use the old Win95 Video for Windows/Active Movie (VfW/AM) system and not the newer DirectShow/Windows Driver Model (DS/WDM) system used in M$'s newer products.

OS's after Win95 (Win98, Win98SE, WinME, Win2K, XP etc.) provide backwards support using an internal filter and a VfW-to-WDM capture mapper that interfaces the older drivers to DS/WDM, but this system isn't perfect by any means.

The VfW/WDM mapper works nicely between Win98/Win98SE and most legacy capture device drivers but starting with WinME things changed again, this time just enough that the drivers of many legacy drivers break badly.

Supporting these newer OS's would require Matrox to re-write the RRS drivers to support the newer DS/WDM mapper and they aren't very likely to do this for such an old product.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X