No announcement yet.

Firefox 1.0PR and Thunderbird 0.8 out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 1.0PR and Thunderbird 0.8 out!

Mozilla is the not-for-profit behind the lightning fast Firefox browser. We put people over profit to give everyone more power online.

Downloading now...

any updates?

Comment

LOL...
      Not Found

The requested URL /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/0.10/Firefox Setup 1.0PR.exe was not found on this server.
      Apache/2.0.49 (Gentoo/Linux) Server at ftp.mozilla.org Port 80
      it eventually went, but I had to reload a few times. Guess the server is being hammered. I only use firefox for Gmail, because Opera isn't Gmail compatible. Stupid ass activeX.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
        LOL...

it eventually went, but I had to reload a few times. Guess the server is being hammered. I only use firefox for Gmail, because Opera isn't Gmail compatible. Stupid ass activeX.

Jammrock
        I haven't researched this at all, but I'd be surprised if Gmail is using activeX. Wouldn't that make it incompatible with Linux? I can't see Google doing that.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
          I haven't researched this at all, but I'd be surprised if Gmail is using activeX. Wouldn't that make it incompatible with Linux? I can't see Google doing that.
          You'd think that wouldn't you. Alas, Gmail does use ActiveX and that is why Opera is incompatible with Gmail. Gmail has keyboard shortcuts and some other features that are typically found with stand-alone email programs (like when you start typing a name in teh TO, CC, BCC box it auto-populates of suggests names from your contacts).

I would think that you could use Gmail in Linux as Mozilla/Firefox does have an ActiveX controler. I use FireFox for Gmail and Opera for everything else. I suppose they figured Mozilla and IE took up so much of the browser market they didn't need to worry themselves over little Opera.

Jammrock

Comment

Then why Safari works?

Comment

Lovingly ripped from the Gmail help section:

Yes. Gmail now supports Safari 1.2 and newer.

Comment

Can you install over the top ????
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

They have always recommended you don't do that. Don't worry, your mail/bookmarks/etc. are saved in your profile folder, which is under Documents and Settings and nowhere near the installation folder.
                  Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

It's not too bad is it.. OWA was a bit slow to load up at first... But I think it's pretty good. The images load up in a similar way to the way that compuserve used to load up gifs but a million times faster. How does it all fit into a 5 meg download though i will never know..

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                      Can you install over the top ????
                      It seems you can with this version. The install notes didn't seem to warn against it, and it imported my old settings.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

looking for Java here

/got it
                        Last edited by Greebe; 15 September 2004, 11:51.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          It seems you can with this version. The install notes didn't seem to warn against it, and it imported my old settings.
                          Yeh firefox went alright sadly you can't for thunderbird. Perhaps I'll skip a release until they get thunderbird to the sort of standard that can install over the previous version.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Why can't you just delete the tb directory and put the new tb directory back in the same location?

It's what I did and works fine. Just remember not to delete your mail & profile directory.

Comment

Yeah, all I do is uninstall the old versions and install the new ones, no reboot required or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X