WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

I would buy this if I had the money(for gas).

At 258 inches, or 21-1/2 feet long, the CXT is about 4-1/2 feet longer than the new Hummer H2 pickup, and about 2 inches longer than the F-350 Crew Cab.
    But the way it really towers over what's on the road now is in height. At 108 inches, or 9 feet, the CXT stands only a foot below a basketball rim and more than two feet above the Hummer or the F-350.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

Originally posted by Helevitia
    I would buy this if I had the money(for gas). ...
    Why?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Re: Re: WOW, Now this is a BIG truck

Originally posted by xortam
      Why?
      Because I love trucks. It would be fun to own and drive and play around with.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

wtf that looks like they took a semi cab and attached a flatbed on the back instead of the rigging to haul a 14 wheel trailor.

Comment

Americans...

Seriously you should feel how it is to have your gas at our pricelevels(€1.2/l).

These trucks are the most unnecessary things on the roads today, and they're not even fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
            Americans...

Seriously you should feel how it is to have your gas at our pricelevels(€1.2/l).

These trucks are the most unnecessary things on the roads today, and they're not even fast!
            Once again, another mis-informed person. :rollseyes: I could do more with that truck than you could do with any 'fast" car.

I can tow, haul, push, pull, climb, lift, transport, drive off-road and in the snow(assuming 4 wheel drive), etc...

Your "fast" car can only do one of those things.

Imagine the mods you could do to that

Comment

The fast part was a joke, hence the smiley!

Give me the percentage of those trucks that will actually be used for those multiple purposes. I imagine that north Cal is just as developed as here and I just can't imagine that you actually would need a car like that. If that special situation happens to occure(sp?), just pull out your cell phone and call a tow-truck, vastly cheaper than having to pay that much gas money and easier on the environment aswell, don't you think?

Well what do I know I'm just an uneducated european...

Comment

Damn!

If anyone needs this kind of truck I'd sure love to hear their reasons for NEEDING one. Other than that, it's a portable gas destroying station, on wheels.

Looks cool, tis big (understatement) but it looks like it guzzles more gas than a drunk on happy hour.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                  The fast part was a joke, hence the smiley!

Give me the percentage of those trucks that will actually be used for those multiple purposes. I imagine that north Cal is just as developed as here and I just can't imagine that you actually would need a car like that. If that special situation happens to occure(sp?), just pull out your cell phone and call a tow-truck, vastly cheaper than having to pay that much gas money and easier on the environment aswell, don't you think?

Well what do I know I'm just an uneducated european...
                  Well actually, I own a big truck(not that one) and I use it weekly for the exact things I mentioned. I cant' speak for others but I'm assuming the reason they bought the truck is so that they can do those things too.

And I was criticizing you on the "These trucks are the most unnecessary things on the roads today", statement.

And you still seem to be missing the good of a truck. You can pick-up appliances from the store without having to pay a delivery fee. You can go to the local lumber store and get the items needed to build something, You can get through the snow without having to worry about killing yourself, you can tow jetskis and boats to the lake, etc... It's now about towing a broken down car, although that would come in handy too

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                    Looks cool, tis big (understatement) but it looks like it guzzles more gas than a drunk on happy hour. [/B]
                    6-10 mpg. OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      6-10 mpg. OUCH!
                      Son of a.... damn! (with emphasis on the "amn" part)

Like I said, a mobile gas destroying center on wheels.

Comment

you'll have to pry the keys to my S.L.U.T. (sport luxury utlilty truck)from my dead body, but the CXT might be a little overkill.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Now they even make an SUV..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 13 September 2004, 17:43.

Comment

How about a stretch Hummer?

Comment

You guys must be rolling in money cause I know for sure that I'd need 2 or 3 extra jobs just to be able to afford payments, insurance and especially gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X