Suitable VidCard for Plasma.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable VidCard for Plasma.....

I know there's a Hifi/HTPC board - but there's not a lot happening over there.

I'm looking to buy a HiDef TV card...does Matrox do something for Australia? Prolly not. We use something completely different over here.

If not, I am inclined to buy a Dvico card to drive on a ViaP4X-266 Mobo (3years old) with PIV-1.6a and 512MB DDR. It only does 2x/4x AGP and is currently running my 8MB G200 with Rainbow Runner and 98SE....yes still.
    Heres the card...http://www.dvico.com/products_mul_hd3.html

It stipulates;
    Compatibility
    (DxVA VGAs) - Pentium3 750MHz or faster with 128M memory
    - Celeron 900Mhz or faster with 128M memory
    - Equivalent AMD Athlon or latest CPUs
    - All ATI Radeon series VGAs
    - nVidia MX420,440,FX series VGA
    - Runs on WinME/2000/XP or later
    - Ultra-DMA66 enabled main board and HDD for recording
    - Requires one PCI slot

Compatibility
    (non DxVA VGAs) - Pentium4 1.6GHz or faster with 128M memory
    - Equivalent AMD Athlon or latest CPUs
    - All Nvidia MX series VGAs and ATI Radeon series VGAs.
    - DDR266 or faster memory
    - Runs on WinME/ 2000/ XP or later
    - Ultra-DMA66 enabled main board and HDD for recording
    - Requires one PCI slot

Do you think there is a Matrox to suit?
    Will or can my 8MB G200 or a spare G400 32MB dually be setup to do the trick?
    They dont have a DVI output - but maybe I could find a VGA>DVI adapter - and maybe not notice the difference.

My Screen will be a 1375x768x16bit Sony 50" Plasma.

Matrox Parhelia P650 Low profile PCI. They have just released it and it features Dual DVI... and is silent.

Comment

No video card is suitable for Plasma (due to burn-in issues) unless you're running full screen video with no bugs or crawls. Do you have a DVI-D or HDMI connection on your Plasma? What is your signal source and reception equipment? You can get HD material in the States over satellite, broadband, or OTA so you need various equipment with appropriate interconnects to achieve optimal PQ. Personally, I stick with strictly digital transport for pixel perfect resolutions on a fixed pixel display (UWXGA 23" LCD). I plan on purchasing a large 1080p TV within the next six months so I design/implement my system to support this greater resolution.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

sagetv does overscan as far as i know.

Comment

Working...
        X