No announcement yet.

"Step Toward Universal Computing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickTransit...somehow "laxative" comes to mind...

Comment

I'm skeptical... but interested. There are some Mac games I'd love to play on my PC.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Unless you have multiple cores or CPU's matching each of the OS's you plan to run I don't see how this will differ from any other emulator; they're generally slow and inconsistant.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Most emulators run a line at a time.

From what they say, the convert blocks of the code into a 'common' syntax then run. which also would allow conversion of code during cpu inactivity.

Dont belive a word of it yet, I'll tell you when i see it actually running
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

That's correct ... the code is translated at a macro level so its possible to take advantage of efficiencies of various architectures. The concept is good and apparently they've had good success so far. I'd question how many apps would be capable of running in this environment as many programmers hack implementations to get around performance and compatibility issues. Well written apps will probably do just fine. The biggest issue may be, who supports the apps now? The user is always going to have to replicate bugs on an approved platform before the app vendor will look at the problem. The app vendors will eventually have to support the QuickTransit VMs if this thing really takes off.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
              ... Well written apps will probably do just fine...
              I guess that rules out any software by Microsoft!

Comment

Working...
              X