Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of War

Hi folks,

does anybody already found a way to run the game Dawn of War on Parhelia?
    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

I've been playing the demo a lot on my GFFX - been loving the game. It does not mention anything about the P in the readme's - maybe i'll dig mine out again (sometime later - maybe tonight) and see what i can do with it.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Ok, thank you very much
      P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

sorry, just got around to looking at it.

Hmmm, as the thread indicates on the Matrox TS forums - it is not going to work on a P.

personally, it looks a lot like it relies on a feature that the P drivers either don't support, don't report correctly, or is flat out a problem with the driver. i have not seen anything in the game that would indicate that it couldn't run on a P.

on another note: Matrox has, for a long time, not supported beta or demo products. Personally, this is bullshit for an ""industry leader"" (as they claim on their front page). Every other graphics card company will make an effort to work with developers on getting their demos and betas at least working - even if unsupported. Matrox, however, never seems to know what is going on with them. It is a *very* thin veil for the fact they simply do not have enough employees to do it or they are hurting enough financially that they cannot afford to put the time/effort into doing it.

the demo/beta practice is something that is only going to continue in the PC games industry - game manufacturers use it to get recognition in the market before their games are released, and it helps increase sales. By not supporting demos/betas Matrox can only lose followers (and sales) in this day and age of increasingly cheap (and powerful) graphics accelerators.

yet another nail in the M coffin, in my opinion.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

We will see...

RichieG said they will get the retail version when it is released and will look into this...

Thank you anyway

Comment

Working...
          X