Short Research thing - $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Research thing - $50

Sorry if this is not appropriate, but I'm looking for a favour, need some help, and am willing to pay a bit for it.

What do I need? Just a scanned copy of a few pages of a certain magazine, certain edition. The catch? I have not been able to find anything close online. It's a US magazine (or was, I guess). Maybe some who have access to large libraries (Uni's?, congress? The magazine's successor?) could find it. I can't from here, and I really want it. Interested? PM me and I'll fill ya in.

Umf
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

(Sunday) American Weekly Magazine, May 1934, pages 2 and 3

so I suggested... http://www.loc.gov/

No bicycle required (or floatation device or shark repellent
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sry, Pages 3 and 4, May 27th, 1934 edition.

www.loc.gov does not help me I'm afraid...
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

it does if you have them research it for you
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

OK< I'll look into it more, but if there is someone out there who done this stuff beofre and can do it quickly, we might trade... Spent to much time on this already.

Comment

84 views, no PMs.....

Are you guys that rich, is it that hard or is $50 just funny money? Tell me pls.

Umf

Comment

It's funny money.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Where do you think we'd just magically find it? You were already pointed to the LoC - that's where I'd go. Most university/metro libraries don't keep a huge backlog of non-local periodicals.

If you can't get it from http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebr...14130441&SID=1
                Then we probably can't help you.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I don't know. I just guessed it'd be easier for "locals". Also, I don't "dig" that LoC search engine. I'll have to find another way I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X