Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Korea, now with blasts, mushroom clouds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what it will turn out to be?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Gee, and I just went out and spent tons of money on a Korean FL washer and dryer today. Hmmm
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

CNN is saying it wasn't nuclear. Would like more info.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Reuters is reporting that SK's seismographs didn't report any earth tremors. Nevertheless NK has been threatening to test a nuclear device in the near future and a small one (1kt or less) may not have produced enough of a tremor to pique any interest.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Any sufficiently big explosion can create a mushroom cloud.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Word is that this one happened near an underground missle complex.

I guess we could hope it was an un-intentional underground test

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That would be sweet.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Yahoo news is swamped - I can't see the video atm
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Ahh.. it's on the BBC website. (and you don't have to subscribe like with CNN)
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I hope nobody takes this as TEMP material, as it's just some observations of the obvious and a prediction;

Iran is thumbing its nose at the UN, IAEA and everyone else. They have also tested a nuclear-capable medium range ballistic missile system (MRBM) that can reach as far as Sweden, Norway and the UK on the north and Israel. North Korea is doing likewise.

Both are presuming that after the split in the western alliance caused by the war in Iraq that they're safe. IMO they're VERY wrong.

Russia has CERTAINLY found out that the Chechen terrorists are getting support from AQ and other muslim terrorist organizations; namely HAMAS, Hizboullah and others directly linked to and/or funded by Iran.

Who's directly south of Chechnya and in a position to provide the terrorists with training camps and logistical support? Iran.

What did a high level Russian General state this week? That they will "pursue these terrorists to the ends of the Earth" in a manner that implies their basic acceptance of the Bush Doctrine.

France has been put on notice that their practice of appeasing muslim terrorists isn't doing them any good. They've had two people kidnapped and have received direct threats from muslim terrorist groups including AQ. Germany and France both are seeing Iran thumb their noses at them re: the IAEA demands.

IMO if Iran and NK keep this up, and especially if NK tests a nuke, they have at most several months before an alliance will form and attack BOTH.

I'm guessing on most of the major NATO countries, Russia and maybe even China since all are at risk if either destabilizes their surroundings.

I include China because if the Western Pacific is destabilized it could start a nuclear arms race in the area (Japan, South Korea and perhaps even Formosa) that is definitely not in their interests.

There may well not be a land attack, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a terrorist camp or nuclear facilty in either place when the stealth bombers arrive and the cruise missiles and bunker-buster bombs start to fall.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Bah, nobody's going to attack NK. They could level Seoul in a second. Can't evaculate all of SK.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Three words:

Standard Missile-3 (SM-3)

They use kinetic kill warheads and can take out a missile in boost, cruise or terminal phases at altitudes up to 100 miles.

They go operational in ground-based stations including Alaska at the end of this month. Sea-launch capability on Aegis cruisers gets deployed in early-mid 2005.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 September 2004, 00:44.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

thats technicly 2 words and a number...
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

sory Doc.. ... any way what are SM-3s... your link wont load on this crapy machine
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X