Dyslexia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyslexia

I have a question for SD: are you equally dyslexic in Arabic and English?

The reason that I'm asking is that I heard a report on BBC news (steam radio) claiming that Chinese children who are dyslexic use different parts of the brain while having reading problems from their English counterparts. This inspired researchers in Japan to study the problem with Japanese children and they found that a few Japanese/English bilingual children were dyslexic in only one language. However, the number of candidates was too small for a statistical analysis. French/English bilingual dyslexic children are so in both languages. The theory is that the different character forms between alphabetic and ideographic languages have different recognition areas in the brain, but I was idly wondering whether it's the same between right-to-left and left-to-right languages.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

my dyslexia is wors in arabic than it is with my english... TBH i can barly read and write arabic beacuse of how bad i am in it and i took arabic classes for all the duration of my school education... pased margenaly all 6 last years from g6 to g12.. i was discovered to have dyslexia when i was in G10... knowing about it helped me in all my english classes better than my arabic classes... not that it matered since i atended an american school and all classes other than arabic and french where in english any way.
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

however i would like to note that when i am not tiered and can concentrate enugh i make less spelling mistakes.. and if i want to i could run my postings through a spell check first befor posting.. but i just dont have the time and cant spare the effort..
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Seems to me your Spiral is wound in the wrong direction

My son went from being left handed to right handed, then back to left and now is mostly left... but there are times

He's more like a handful of rubber bands that were all balled up, in a tangle, very bouncy and exceptionally squiggly.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

damn... i dont even know which direction is the right one any more to answer that ..

Comment

Depends on whether you feel North is up and South is down... except in England of course
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I am horible in Arabic, and as Spiral, I too am dyslexic is Arabic and not in English.

I failed Arabic in G9 LOL! But that's because I grew up initially in Canada, so try to learn a language as hard as Arabic from scratch is pretty tough.

Cheers,
              Elie

Comment

Ooh. So could you show us some Arabic characters that someone only dyslexic in Arabic would mix up?

Comment

hee heee... no way... every time i get a film with arabic credits i start groning like theres no tomorow... ....

@elie; ana maak ya khayeh

Comment

Working...
                  X