X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI's 4.9 are out

link is for XP:

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/w...x=6&submit.y=0

XIII: Light map artifacts are no longer noticed in the game when loading a saved game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ 9200 installed
    Far Cry v1.2: Texture corruption is no longer seen on the ground
    IL2 Forgotten Battles: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ X800 series installed no longer results in the display corruption and the game failing to respond when FSAA is enabled and display is set to either 1200x960 or 1600x1200
    Indian Jones and the Emperors Tomb: Display corruption and missing polygons are no longer noticed in the game
    PainKiller: missing textures are no longer noticed on the ground and light artifacts are noticed when moving around within the game or when moving in and out of the light.
    Serious Sam SE: Running the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ X800 PRO installed no longer results in lens flares showing through solid objects within the game
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: An access violation error no longer occurs when using the function Alt-Tab to get out of the game and then using the function Alt-Tab to get back into the game
    Tabula Rasa: Video rendering issues are no longer noticed playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ 9700 PRO installed
    Tony Hawk 4: playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEONâ„¢ 9100 installed no longer results in white pixels being seen around the edges of objects
    Connecting an HDTV 7pin dongle to the video card no longer results in TV detection issues when both the TV and YPbPr (HDTV) are active
    Playing a DVD with PowerDVD on the primary display and playing an MPEG clip with Windows Media Player on the secondary display device no longer results in flickering and corruption being seen
    Enabling a second display device followed by changing the positions of the two devices in the mapping area, no longer results in the images changing to a different unexpected position when click apply to the changes
    Setting the Overlay option back to the default setting now results in the default setting becoming active when relaunching the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER
    Repeatedly switching from one custom profile and another in rapid succession no longer results in the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER failing to respond
    Canceling SMARTGART changes and exiting the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the reboot message reappearing when restarting the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER
    A .net error message is no longer displayed under Windows 2000 when the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER is installed from an administrator account an then attempting to launch the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER from the system tray on a secondary account
    Having the display properties page active and attempting to close the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER no longer results in a .net exception error message appearing
    Assigning the same hotkey for Increase 3D Gamma and Decrease 3D Gamma under Windows 2000 no longer results in a .Net exception error when attempting to move the hotkey manager window around the desktop
    Disabling the primary device and selecting the secondary device to be the primary no longer results in the Information Center displaying a blank page
    The CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER no longer reports the CPU type as Intel when installed under an AMD64 system
    Launching the Task Manager and clicking on End Process for the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER system tray option no longer results in the system tray option for the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER still be selected within the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER
    Switching from the CATALYSTâ„¢ Control Center System Skin option to the CATALYST_Quicksilver Skin option no longer results in the Toolbar area skin becoming corrupted
    you can still choose between the normal drivers (around 26MB) and the .net mess

Rakido
    Last edited by Rakido; 10 September 2004, 07:29.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Seem allright for me. Haven't bothered with the new CP. I'll let them have six months of getting the bugs out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

working great for my gf with a 9600xtg and w2k.

skipped the .net mess version here too...
      P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
        Seem allright for me. Haven't bothered with the new CP. I'll let them have six months of getting the bugs out.
        I couldn't agree more ... downloading now (with old control panel )

Comment

[Off-Topic]
          hmm.. Ayoub seems to be slacking off nowadays ..
          he is getting lazy ... even me pipped him to put up ATI driver a couple of times i think ..tsk tsk.. [/Off-Topic]

Anyways i will try out the 4.9 without the .net stuff.. i dont really need any realtime visualization for changing my settings
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Oh yah.. the linux drivers for ATI radeon has been updated as well..

Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Skipping new ccc here as well, not much choice though as my second card wouldn't run with them anyway.

Fixed Raven Shield for me, used to quit out on chucking a nade or just when it felt like it (max on fix minutes in), works like a charm now.

Comment

Doom3 won't run for me with these.

Error: Current videocard/driver doesn't support necessary features....
                Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

what's with the .net BS?

Comment

Doom3 won't run for me with these
                    Running fine here.
                    ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Fixed a problem I was having running video on two different monitors at the same time.
                      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                        what's with the .net BS?
                        Beats me ... but I know I don’t like it. I can see what they are trying to accomplish but until they get it running smoothly and using less system ram I'm not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie
                          Doom3 won't run for me with these.

Error: Current videocard/driver doesn't support necessary features....
                          I've heard in some cases the drivers don't install the opengl side of things. Try re-installing.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X