Problems with my network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my network

I have a small home network which consists of 2 PCs both have access to the web and an Xbox. Everything is completely fine then all of a sudden I cant surf or ping my gateway
    Though I'am still able to ping my own ip and the ips of the xbox and 2nd PC.

2 fix this I have to switch of the rooter wait for a second or 2 and restart it. I'm not sure if I'am correct in thinking that it is the router or how I have set up my network.

my router is a Netgear RP614 ver.2

I'm using XP Pro (both machines are) I have installed Ms client software.

Thx
    Andy
    Last edited by 3dfx; 10 September 2004, 05:05.

Have basically the same setup, less the Xbox.

what firmware are you running on the router? Have you tried reseting it (remove power)? Is it acting as a DHCP server or are you runing static routes?

Lots of Q's
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

the firmware on router up 2 date?
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
        the firmware on router up 2 date?
        Thanks for the advice guys, after browsing the netgear site I now know that I was using an old firmware version. I have updated to the latest for my router 5.20. I'll let you know how it goes using this new firmware.

Comment

Just to let you know, the new improved better firmware is a tad flakey... have had to reset my router alot more with this version.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yeah, my guess would be it was the firmware as well, had the same problem, updating the firmware fixed it.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I have a Netgear MR814, and it hangs fairly often if I overload it with traffic. Bittorrent can hang it within about 30 minutes if there are too many connections going through it. Latest firmware still does this. I generally avoid using bittorrent now...
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                I have a Netgear MR814, and it hangs fairly often if I overload it with traffic. Bittorrent can hang it within about 30 minutes if there are too many connections going through it. Latest firmware still does this. I generally avoid using bittorrent now...
                I can overload mine doing a simple ping test w/ lastest firmware

Comment

I've used the 3com officeConnect ones, never needed to reset routers that much. Usually I used Linksys and Farallon. Now I'm using a PIX at home

Comment

Working...
                  X