• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried DL DVD?

Any one tried DL DVD writer?

Never heard of it.

Comment

I have a DL burner, but the discs are too overpriced to use...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Oh, DUAL LAYER?

Comment

those blasted acronyms will get ya everytime
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
            I have a DL burner, but the discs are too overpriced to use...
            yeah $43 bucks for a pack of 3!
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              those blasted acronyms will get ya everytime
              Yeah. Like DVD Audio, or DVD-A. I've had an entirely different meaning for DVDA for the last 10 years or so *shudder*.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

AND its a misleading acronym. Shouldn't it be DVORDA...unless midgets are involved maybe?

Edit: perhaps DVorDAorV&A? And why are Victoria and Albert getting mentioned in GHW/SW anyway?

I agree, DL media is way too expensive atm. In theory my NEC 2500A can be flashed to use DL, but it isn't worth it yet.
                Last edited by Fat Tone; 10 September 2004, 01:16.
                FT.

Comment

Wait for more DVD-R DL drives to come out. DVD+R DL isn't likely to be any more back-compatable than its single layer version was. Decks <1 yr old should be OK, but otherwise....

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Reports I've seen suggest that +DL compatibility is OK. I don't believe them, since +r single layer has reflectivity levels of pressed dual layer. However, if reports continue coming in of good compatibility then maybe some of the new wonder[1] dyes are making a difference...

[1] I call them that because they are supposed to do wonderful things; work with any write strategy, not have heavy metals in them, make your tea......
                    MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

[i]I've had an entirely different meaning for DVDA for the last 10 years or so *shudder*. [/B]
                      Holla.

Comment

I'm not sure why Dick Van Dyke always comes to mind....
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                        X