So I now owe $245.000...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I now owe $245.000...

I just have to get the mortgage approved and my girlfriend and I will be the happy owners of a small house in Aurora.

I have never been involved with this much cash before.. I may not sleep for a week

It is a bit of a fixer upper, but I have not seen any houses anywhere that price in town for years now.. sold due to a divorce.

Man I am nervous
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Good luck with the house. I just bought one a couple years ago and still putting every penny I can into it.

Comment

Fixer uppers are the best houses to buy. you make it more of your own instead of someone elses. then you love it more because your blood sweat and tears went into making it the best it could be and how you wanted it.

good luck mate and congrats to you
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

It's frightening how expensive houses have become, especially in certain areas. Good luck, and I hope you will enjoy fixing it up.

Comment

Congrats man. It's a nice town. My brother's inlaws live there, so I'm up there fairly often (and my bro lives down the road in oak ridges)
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks for the support I actually like renovating and such, so to me it is perfect . The fact that there are two seperate basement apartments, of which one is rented out for $500 now makes it an even better deal.

It is frightening how expensive houses have gotten..this one is a steal at this location though.. place this house 10 minutes closer to TO and it is up $100000

here is a link for the place we got

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Wow, awesome !
              Congratulations
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

OK, I am _not_ jealous at all, really.

Well done dude.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Looks like a nice house, congratulations.

Comment

congrats dude!
                    You are now a house ower!
                    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy the fun
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

you could get a 3000 square footer if you spent that much here, although no one in their right mind would want to move here...
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

...and here you could buy a rabbit hutch for that much money

Congrats - I look forward to owning, just not in this country.
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Wow, beautiful place.
                            Enjoy the busy weekends of making it your own.
                            Congrats
                            So when you getting married???

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                              Congrats - I look forward to owning, just not in this country. [/B]
                              Snap, I wanna buy in Canada, refuse to buy a house in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X