Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winamp modern skin issue

Hello,

I have an issue with Winamp (not sure which version, I think it is 5.0.4, so I'm downloading the latest one)...

When winamp is configured with a modern skin, it seems unable to open new dialogboxes: file information, preferences, ... don't seem to open. Setting the skin to classic allows these boxes to be displayed.

Any idea what is happening?
    (I have been thinking the windows might show up outside my desktop, but don't know if that is the case, and if so, how to get them back)

(I'm using a dualhead stretched desktop with a Parhelia)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Haven't had this problem, but I wasn't on 5.04 for long. I would uninstall Winamp (save your plugins and skins), and then install 5.05. .05 fixes some skin problems, so that will hopefully take care of it.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yes, I first tried deleting the ini file, but the problem remained. I uninstalled/re-installed, but it also appeared on the fresh installation. Strange though: initially, this worked...

Let's see what 5.05 does...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Maybe the other windows obstruct the preferences window? (it is modal in Winamp, so it doesn't block mouse clicks, IIRC)

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Nope, all other windows are closed, only winamp is open...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Well, the Winamp 5.05 exhibits the same problem...
            It can open the other 'skinned' windows (like playlist, music library), but none of the traditional Windowsstyle windows (preferences, file info, ...)...

Any ideas?
            Where is the position of those windows stored?

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

well ... you can always do a full wipe. Uninstall the program, delete the folder in Program Files, open Regedit and wipe it out of the registry. Reboot the system and re-install. Copy over any saved skins or plug-ins after the install is done and you know it's working.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I ran into the same thing with my G550. The problem is very likely that you have set up the multi-display operation so that your menus open on top of the player. For some reason this doesn't work with the modern skins.

Robert

Comment

Hmm, could well be, I'll check!

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Originally posted by rinkol
                    I ran into the same thing with my G550. The problem is very likely that you have set up the multi-display operation so that your menus open on top of the player. For some reason this doesn't work with the modern skins.
                    We have a winner!

I had checked the option in powerdesk to open pop-ups and dialogs in the display of the applications; and you are right: it doesn't work with the modern skin...

Jörg
                    pixar

Comment

Working...
                    X