Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a cordless dect phone with bluetooth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a cordless dect phone with bluetooth...

Hello,

My brother is looking at a new fixed line phone, but he'd like to have the ability of it answering GSM calls (by having the GSM and the fixed phone linked with bluetooth).

Siemens makes such a phone , but I only find ISDN versions of it:

The phone supports bluetooth headsets , and when there is a (registered) bluetooth GSM close to the basestation, both the basestation and the cordless handsets can be used to answer a GSM call (it is this what he likes).

Anyone know if there are similar phones but in stead of ISDN on regular analog lines ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

At first sight being able answer GSM calls via your house phone over bluetooth seems a gimmick.... Thinking about it, it would be pretty cool!!!

You could come home and put your mobile in its docking station/or on charge and then use the house phone for both - It would save hunting for yor mobile (which I always keep on charge in my room when at home).

Cool... but in answer to your question, I don't know
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

There was talk a while ago of a generation of phones that would auto switch...use DECT if available, GMS if not. Don't know of any products though.
      FT.

Comment

I believe they exist (have also read something like that, but haven't seem them yet), but this is actually a different functionality...
        We are talking about using a (dect) handset to answer a GSM call, not about using a GSM as a dect handset (which would be interesting though)...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X