New Sennheiser headsets :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sennheiser headsets :)

My friend pointed these out. Check out the PC 1xx USB series.

It's a very interesting concept. I sudden want to grab a pair to see how well they work and sound...

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Isn't the downfall with all USB headphones is that it is not compatible with EAX and you need drivers for a headset

I own and use the PC150's everyday and I absolutely love them.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

What's the advantage to USB headsets over 1/8" banana plug ones?

Comment

never used a headset.. do you plug them into the mic AND the headphone jacks?

Comment

btw, I noticed that it can be USB or analog. Hmm...that might be interesting.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The look pretty cool!
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

What's the advantage to USB headsets over 1/8" banana plug ones?
              no sound card is required.

So you would only need install the USB drivers instead of sound card drivers...

Its a nice option, but not really a good gaming one tho.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                Yes, but with these, you can do either analog or USB. So I guess techncially, you get the best of both worlds?

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                  Yes, but with these, you can do either analog or USB. So I guess techncially, you get the best of both worlds?
                  That's the theory. With the PC-155 USB you could use your existing sound card (using front/speaker out and mic 1/8th" plugs) or use the built-in USB sound device if your built-in sound leaves much to be desired (think laptops). I can see some LAN partiers taking advantage of the USB coud card as well.

I suppose you'd have to run sound tests in games using the USB sound and the built-in sound to see which one sounds best...

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Headphones are very good for late at night when you don't want to wake up your neighbours. Unless of course you one of the increasing ignorantus breed.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Or for watching pr0n with other people nearby! (or so I hear)
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I always watch TV in bed with headphones so I like something that doesn't leak sound much so as to not bother the wife who's trying to sleep. I've been using the Sony MD-V6 for the last 15 years (been through two pair) that have over-ear pads which are quiet and relatively comfortable while lying on a pillow. The nice bass and flat frequency response of these phones along with their build quality make these an excellent choice in the $75 range. One of my drivers is out ... probably due to a break in the connecting wire. The pads have also blossomed out due to the adhesive breaking at the seams. These headphones get a lot of abuse and they're old so this is quite reasonable wear. I was going to pick up my third pair of MD-V6s but now you've got me wondering about something more flexible. I'll have to check out the suitability of these Sennheiser's for my needs.
                        Last edited by xortam; 9 September 2004, 00:33.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          Depends whether they have a mike...

If you plug/unplug them a lot, Plantronics has a spk/headset switch (so you don't damage the connectors). Only supports 2 or 2.1 setup though.

Comment

www.dansdata.com has a review of some Sennheiser USB headsets.

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                              Or for watching pr0n with other people nearby! (or so I hear)
                              i've heard about it too..

i use mine for watching football (or soccer) on my PC since i like to turn up the volume to hear the commentary (some are downright funny) but my mum doesnt care for the sport and would take the TV to watch some soppy drama and still complain about the noise from my PC if i use my normal speakers..

have a couple of friends who play CS with headphones and mic though (you should see them holler into the dangling mic )
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X