The banding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The banding issue

I had never seen the banding issue before....
    ....i tried some demo in dual head

What a card for almost 400 €

it's not a flaw.
    it's a feature - it helps you keep awake during game play
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Well, what did you expect?
      You sound surprized.
      Did you think ppl been whining all this time over nothing?

Shoulda got an 8x P. Banding is fixed with the 8x cards...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

sigh, 400$

Comment

Of course, things like that should not happen, but that issue was discussed a lot here...
          Some nVidia and Ati cards also 'banded' and on my P, I noticed bandig only sometimes while playing Tribes 2.
          P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

I only saw banding once on my card, during the Hoth level on Jedi Academy, I think it was.

Comment

Should i buy another card in the future????

Comment

what you think about????

Comment

I think it is safe to say you should buy another card somewhere in the future.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

ROFLMAO!

Crabby Smurf strikes again!!!
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I MEAN NVIDIA, ATI, 3DLABS???

Comment

Crabby Smurf says "Yep"!

(still ROFLMAO!)
                        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Sorry Amiga Blitter, just a lame joke. I have no clue. Maybe a P8X?

edit: Maybe this is a place to look: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...141#post495141
                          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Choose a card depending on your needs.

To say 'I buy Matrox never again' because of the banding bug would be stupid, things like this can happen (and happend!) with every manufacturer...
                            P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Originally posted by Che Guevara

To say 'I buy Matrox never again' because of the banding bug would be stupid, things like this can happen (and happend!) with every manufacturer...
                              Yes, and you expect their behavior to improve. But Matrox refused to acknowledge the banding even existed, and even when they did they said it was perfectly acceptable. <I>That</I> is the behavior that makes me warn off anyone that would consider buying Matrox. Of course, Matrox also makes it easier by not having any worthwhile products in the future.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X