Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAL support

Hi guys!
    Does anyone know if the JVC AV-32F475 Television supports PAL? If not or if you have a better television idea of an equivalent (size/price/16x9) television that supports both PAL and NTSC, any make/model as long as it has a clear display and is of good quality (and is also sold in Canada)!

Let me know what you think (or what you know)!
    Why SysAdmins like Unix?
    unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.

according to amazon.com the signal type is ntsc. Didn't found any info on jvc.com
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Taz wants to buy a movie that is only available in PAL cause it's banned in NTSC areas, hence the question.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

how about converting it to NTSC instead?
        I did that before with some shows for my mom which she had gotten from denmark. tmpenc can do the conversion, once you have ripped the video.
        There is supposetly a phillips DVD player around, which can convert PAL signals to NTSC. www.redflagdeals.com has mentioned it several times for around $100..
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

.. and dare I ask what movie it is?
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

The movie is "Takedown". Most people call it "Hackers 2" even if it is not... I already have a DivX which I could convert and burn to a DVD or to some format compatible with my DVD player but I really want to have the DVD itself.

The problem is ONLY the television right now since the DVD player that I have reads PAL and NTSC and it's been over a year that I am talking about buying a new television so that would be a great opportunity just to find a TV compatible with PAL and everything would be fine... That's why I'm searching for a TV that is compatible with PAL and NTSC!
            Why SysAdmins like Unix?
            unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X