PDA

View Full Version : PAL support

Taz-Matt
6th September 2004, 16:05
Hi guys!
Does anyone know if the JVC AV-32F475 Television supports PAL? If not or if you have a better television idea of an equivalent (size/price/16x9) television that supports both PAL and NTSC, any make/model as long as it has a clear display and is of good quality (and is also sold in Canada)!

Let me know what you think (or what you know)!

Rakido
7th September 2004, 03:04
according to amazon.com the signal type is ntsc. Didn't found any info on jvc.com

ZokesPro
7th September 2004, 09:47
Taz wants to buy a movie that is only available in PAL cause it's banned in NTSC areas, hence the question.

Tjalfe
7th September 2004, 09:51
how about converting it to NTSC instead?
I did that before with some shows for my mom which she had gotten from denmark. tmpenc can do the conversion, once you have ripped the video.
There is supposetly a phillips DVD player around, which can convert PAL signals to NTSC. www.redflagdeals.com has mentioned it several times for around $100..

Tjalfe
7th September 2004, 09:51
.. and dare I ask what movie it is?

Taz-Matt
7th September 2004, 18:03
The movie is "Takedown". Most people call it "Hackers 2" even if it is not... I already have a DivX which I could convert and burn to a DVD or to some format compatible with my DVD player but I really want to have the DVD itself.

The problem is ONLY the television right now since the DVD player that I have reads PAL and NTSC and it's been over a year that I am talking about buying a new television so that would be a great opportunity just to find a TV compatible with PAL and everything would be fine... That's why I'm searching for a TV that is compatible with PAL and NTSC!