Capturing game play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing game play

A few months back or so someone posted some software that allowed you to capture a game while playing. Anybody remember that that was?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Probably it was Fraps
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

NO, that wasn't it, but does fraps capture in game footage?

*goes off to check*
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

damn, it does capture video! Thanks

Comment

Fraps can do it. Munches HD space though.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

There's this program too, it actually records the D3D data and plays it back to the video card:

Comment

I think the program you were originally looking for was Game Cam .
              I tried the free version and it works pretty well. My version is 1.0 and doesn't include sound or all the possible higher resolutions, but it looks like they have a v1.2 now where sound might be included.
              I used it to make a few .avi files of my UT2004 map so that I could show it off to folks at work on a big conference room screen.
              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
              X