Salt water aquariums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt water aquariums

I have been running a marine aquarium for a few years now with reasonable success, but since my recent move things have gone pear shaped.

I made the move with out managing to make any fatalities, and apart from a shaky start things were definitely improving.

I went away this weekend and (sods law) half my corals are dead . I have only ever used dechlorinated tap water but with hindsight I wonder how much higher the phosphates are here in wales....

I am having to cut my losses and try to preserve as much stock as I can by replacing the entire volume of water with re-buffered reverse osmosis water.

This is going to involve a lot of extra kit and a fair bit of planning.

Does anyone here have any experience in this field, or can they recommend a good forum that might be able to help???

TIA!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

You shouldn't change more than 20% of the total water volume at a time and you must always test anything and everything prior to putting it into a saltwater tank. Only takes a little to completely destroy the habitat.

Funny how mankind thinks the enviroment especially lakes rivers and oceans have an infinite capacity to absorb the shit we dump into it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Cheers matey... I made the mistake of assuming that the water chemistry was going to be *roughly* the same 250miles away

My father in law is a printer engineer and has access to an infinate supply of RO water.

I'll set up an exchange system that will gradually replace the tank's water with the re-buffered RO water.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
      X