Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air cooling to the extreme

New thermalright heatsink
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

nice...

Comment

Been announced for a while now. The HSF is HUGE though. Not for anyone who wants a small case, or has anything tall in the area of the CPU. Fantastic air cooling device though.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

This could be jsut what I am looking for... I want something that will be a lot quieter than my stock XP3200+ HSF.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Heatpipes are the next best thing to watercooling. In fact some of the new Dell (gag) systems we got at work have heatpiped style heatsinks to keep the little reactor known as a P4 cool.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder how well an Alpha style pin heatsink would do if the pins and base were hollowed out and were rigged up as heat pipes...

Comment

C'mon! They shall make that one out of copper, then we'll see new superlatives everywhere (weight, size, price...)

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                Hmm... I wonder how well an Alpha style pin heatsink would do if the pins and base were hollowed out and were rigged up as heat pipes...
                Interesting Idea
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                X