Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCD's that can reproduce color better than normal TV's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD's that can reproduce color better than normal TV's?

PCWorld Article here. cool stuff.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

I'll be impressed when I can get a 30" widescreen Triluminos LCD for under a grand But by then OLED and other flat panel displays will probably be out.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      I'll be impressed when I can get a 30" widescreen Triluminos LCD for under a grand But by then OLED and other flat panel displays will probably be out.

Jammrock
      And cold fusion, and flying cars.....
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

While the LED backlights have some advantages, I don't think they're going to widely catch on due to shorter lifespan (have to drive them hard and blue doesn't last long compared to the red and green) and higher heat output than ccfl tubes. OLED will be very interesting once they fix its lifespan and get it capable of being done on larger substrated.

Comment

Yeah, the OLED displays look very cool!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
          X