Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual core opteron story AMDZONE

or

Looks like I'm gonna hold out till late 2005 / early 2006 to replace my XP1700..

[off topic maybe]
    I am not too sure whether i have made a good decision but i just got myself a AMD XP3200+ as i intend to max out my motherboard so that i would be very comfortable until i get a AMD Dual Core TYAN-based opteron board with PCI-express slots etc etc etc

Had to get the xp3200+ as here in singapore they are drying up fast .. in fact i couldnt find the boxed version and had to get a tray version and that was the second last piece available (in Sim Lim Square, singapore) would check it out over the weekend to see if there was any improvement over the current cpu, and i am not too keen on the Sempr0n

And now to wait for the last All-In-Wonder card with DVI on the AGP slot.. hope it is not the AIW9700pro they are hard to get as it is,
    Then maybe 4 large ATA Hdds on a raid, and i have a very good computer to last me a long time even after the Dual-Core-AMD as it can be put to use as a server while the Dual-Core-AMD can be the main machine.

hmm sounds like a dream
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

yeah , I am in the xp3200, waiting for dual opteron and PCI-express boat as well...just as well the xp3200 is still a pretty decent processsor.

So hopefully next year I'll get a dual opteron board....with the option of adding two dual cores's at a later for an eventual quad system....I'm dreaming again to.

Comment

Working...
      X