Maxtor to offer 3 year warrantees on all SATA/PATA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxtor to offer 3 year warrantees on all SATA/PATA

Maxtor have extended the 1 year warranty on their entire line of SATA/PATA hard disk drives to 3 years, is has been revealed. All of Maxtor's other hard drives will have similar or longer warranty periods, with the Maxtor's DiamondMax and MaxLine hard disk drive products at 3 years, and the Atlas SCSI drives at 5.

This is great news. Maxtor bowing to pressure from Seagate and extending the warranty period helps to provide a better product that is more value for money. Now, if only they could do something about how hot their drives get.

News and reviews of PC components, smartphones, tablets, pre-built desktops, notebooks, Macs and enterprise/cloud computing technologies.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Good to see the move from (of? by? someone help me with my english here please) seagate bringing us back to the "good old times" of three years warranty

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think the seagate new warranty period is 5 years.

Comment

I thought in Europe it had to be three years anyway except the UK.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Guess they were getting hammered from people buying seagate and western digital. I know I was going to get Maxtor SATA but went with WD because of the 3 year warranty.

Comment

Yes, Seagates are now 5 years
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

PIT, it was two years, and from the seller, not the manufacturer - that means if the manufacturer decides 6 months is enough (I think that's the minimum warranty required of manufacturers), the shop you bought the goods from has no one to turn to when you turn in a defective HD after a year, but they do have to have yours repaired, or give you a new one. If they go titsup, tough luck, the manufacturer isn't responsible.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
              X