PDA

View Full Version : New Laser Logitech 1000MX mouse :)

Terrafin
31st August 2004, 22:11
http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310

Looks like a little spaceship!! My mx700 is getting really worn... to much online gaming :) i might get one of these... but will wait for some more detailed reviews to come out...

hmmm and my g'friend just asked recently what i wanted for my bday and i had no idea at the time... :D

Funny it isnt on the logitech site yet though... :confused:

schmosef
1st September 2004, 00:49
nice!

Jammrock
1st September 2004, 06:18
pretty... I could use a good gaming mouse :D I'm still using my old Logitech dual optical job.

Jammrock

az
1st September 2004, 06:40
...and again it's too big :(

The dual optical fits my hand perfectly. I can't reach some of the buttons on the MX700, and I found myself often pressing the right mouse button on accident when trying to move the mouse.

Only thing I don't like about the dual optical is its tracking problems on my favourite mousepads (the floppy, thin Everglides - it works on the optica, but that one has a much more sticky surface :( ), and I could use horizontal scrolling and a few more buttons (in places where I can easily reach them AND don't push them accidentally).

AZ

Helevitia
1st September 2004, 15:00
Very nice :)

Kastuvas
1st September 2004, 16:08
I bought the MX510 last week from ebuyer its shoud be deliverd this friday :) can't wait.

Jammrock
1st September 2004, 19:46
Logitech updated their site with the MX1000:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=9043&ad=hp_mx1000

Looks pretty good to me :)

Elie
1st September 2004, 20:24
Same here, it looks great will buy two when available

Chrono_Wanderer
1st September 2004, 20:32
*droll*

i really love its design. but won't buy it because a dun wanna spend so much on just a mouse...

dbdg
2nd September 2004, 01:15
Originally posted by Kastuvas
I bought the MX510 last week from ebuyer its shoud be deliverd this friday :) can't wait.
I got myself a 510 last month after my Intellimouse Explorer died, can't say I regret the intellimouse dying, 510 is lovely to use.

GT98
2nd September 2004, 03:36
Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
*droll*

i really love its design. but won't buy it because a dun wanna spend so much on just a mouse...

Well have to look at it like this...your going to use it all the time so the money you spend on it won't go to waste. I'll get one when I upgrade my PC in the next 2 yrs lol

The PIT
2nd September 2004, 12:19
Originally posted by az
...and again it's too big :(

The dual optical fits my hand perfectly. I can't reach some of the buttons on the MX700, and I found myself often pressing the right mouse button on accident when trying to move the mouse.

Only thing I don't like about the dual optical is its tracking problems on my favourite mousepads (the floppy, thin Everglides - it works on the optica, but that one has a much more sticky surface :( ), and I could use horizontal scrolling and a few more buttons (in places where I can easily reach them AND don't push them accidentally).

AZ

You must have a small hand then.

TnT
2nd September 2004, 15:34
Originally posted by GT98
Well have to look at it like this...your going to use it all the time so the money you spend on it won't go to waste. I'll get one when I upgrade my PC in the next 2 yrs lol

True, I used to say I wouldn't spend more than $15 on a mouse. Later I got a MX700 and have never regretted it.

az
2nd September 2004, 16:47
PIT, yes I have very small hands for a male.

AZ

Jammrock
2nd September 2004, 19:06
I plan on heading over to Best Buy during my lunch break and checking it out :)

Paddy
3rd September 2004, 02:01
I am happy with my trusty MX700 (best mouse I've ever bought)

I might look into this as a replacement....

Jammrock
15th September 2004, 07:31
My MX1000 just shipped :) Bought it at Buy.com for $69 with no tax or shipping fees. Looks like I got one of the last of them before they ran out at the warehouse :D SHould be here early next week.

Jammrock

K6-III
15th September 2004, 20:54
Just picked up my MX1000. Works great, but not a huge change from my MX700. The range and wireless signal has been improved dramatically, though.

Don't actually expect to see a laser point on your desk. The laser is quite invisible.

The MX700 has been retired to my Linux machine...

Terrafin
15th September 2004, 21:09
hey K6-III,

i've been reading some forums over at 3dgpu and some people are complaining about a delay when lifting up the mouse... and repositioning it, because i lift the mouse a lot when gaming... and now i am a bit hesitant to purchase it if thats the case...

http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&st=420

can you and any others that have purchased the mx-1000 tell me if you have any experiences with a 'delay'

also i read when hitting the reset button it goes away but after about 15 secs the delay comes back...

thanks heaps...

The PIT
16th September 2004, 04:04
Got to admit I'm not into throwing a mouse around when playing a game. Can't see a reason too. So for the average person it shouldn't be a problem.
Strange why should one want to lift a mouse up. :confused: :confused:

Jammrock
16th September 2004, 05:57
is that kind of like people who slide along the couch, jump around and move their arms to the game when they play concole games. I always love watching people like that play a racing game, or some Mario like game.

the only time i pick up the mouse, is when I need to reposition, and then I don't want it to track at that point.

Jammrock

Fat Tone
16th September 2004, 06:48
Originally posted by The PIT
Got to admit I'm not into throwing a mouse around when playing a game. Can't see a reason too. So for the average person it shouldn't be a problem.
Strange why should one want to lift a mouse up. :confused: :confused:

It's common to have to do that when your mousing area isn't big enough (or your sensitivity is too low), or certain activities always have you moving it in the same direction.

ME want, but my camera (Fuji F401) just died:mad: and could cost up to £100 to fix :(

Terrafin
16th September 2004, 07:04
lol... i'm thinking of you guys picturing me going crazy when i game online hehe, but as fat tone said its when you have to reposition your mouse to 'center' it... i usually have to lift the mouse up when say going up a stairwell and such...

i used to just use a basic MS optical mouse before i got my mx700 and i tell ya what... i had a sore hand after gaming with it cause i was lifting it up all the time... :)

sorry to hear your camera has died fat tone... i need a new one too... got an olympus c-100 and still works but would like one that has a charging station... rather then batteries... its pretty old now...

Fat Tone
16th September 2004, 08:01
I have a working charging station at least...fancy a swap? ;)

The PIT
16th September 2004, 10:08
Originally posted by Fat Tone
It's common to have to do that when your mousing area isn't big enough (or your sensitivity is too low), or certain activities always have you moving it in the same direction.

ME want, but my camera (Fuji F401) just died:mad: and could cost up to £100 to fix :(

Now I wonder if I do that and never noticed???

Terrafin
16th September 2004, 16:43
i wish i could swap fat tone! although i think it would require some major modifications ;)

yeah Pit, i do stuff like that all the time... kinda like when my gfriend is rambling on... and i just keep saying... 'yes..', 'yes..', 'yes...', 'ok...', and then completely forget that we did have a conversation, and that i was supposed to do something important... :D

Jammrock
16th September 2004, 17:24
MX1000 showed up today. Time to start charging the batteries!

Terrafin
16th September 2004, 17:31
Good stuff Jammrock!

Jammrock
16th September 2004, 19:38
MX1000 charged, installed and working. It's big, it's heavy (lithium ion batteries aren't light) and damn is it precise! You barely tap the thing and it's in motion. I love it! I had to crank up the sensitivity to max to get it to moving fast enough because it tracks so much movement.

In the little bit I've used it today, I could not percieve any "delay" problems. The first thing I did once it was working was do the reposition delay test. Just as responsive as any other wired mouse I've ever used. No delay at all. Not even a stutter.

I do, however, have the SetPoint software install. SetPoint seems to be the replacement for MouseWare for the MX1000. The driver seems lean and mean and doesn't install anything extra ... well, unless you let it. But so far so good. I'll work with it more tomorrow and let you chaps know. I may even ... do some gaming *gasps abound*

Jammrock

Terrafin
16th September 2004, 21:52
well sounds good jammrock! :) keep us up to date, especially the gaming side of things ;)

unfortunatly they dont hit australia till the 18th of october, so im jelous! :D

Jammrock
17th September 2004, 21:39
Finally got some gaming in today. Played about 1.5 hours of Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory. The MX1000 was smooth as silk. Didn't notice any delays of any sort. Besides my reflexes, which have suffered much due to the lack of gaming lately. Didn't have any reposition delays, pauses when moving the mouse after a 10-15 seconds of inactivity. Faster and smoother than my old dual optical job.

By far the best mouse I've ever used (though I never owned an MX700/510).

Once you get used to the weight, it's not a problem. It's back-heavy due to the positioning of the Li Ion batteries, but not a problem. I've found that it tracks better on my fake wood desk than on my 3M Precise Mousing Surface .. go figure. I think it's because mousing surface slides a bit, as I don't have a good base to keep it from sliding.

I was also happy to find that you don't need the power adapter to run the mouse, only for charging duties. Makes it easier to take it home on weekends if I plan on gaming (the mouses home will be at work escept on weekends).

Been using it for 2 days now and the battery indicator hasn't dropped at all. The On/Off function on the bottom is a nice feature when you're transporting or not going to use it for a length of time.

As for comfort, it fits my hands well. I don't think it's as big as many people think. Even smaller handed people should find it comforatble enough. The thumb buttons aren't in the way at all, and I have big fat thumbs. The button the side of the wheel it out of the way when gaming too. Haven't exactly figured out what that button does yet... All the buttons are very reactive, but not too sensitive that you'll accidently click them.

The looks are absolutely awesome. It looks very sleek, modern and egronomic. Much better in real life than in the pics you see. Fits in the cradle perfectly. The power transformer is very low profile so it won't suck up more than one slot on your power strip.

Overall it's the best mouse I've ever used. As long as it holds up for 2-4 years, I'll be extremely happy with this purchase. This truly is wire-line speed mouse, without the wires. Pretty much perfect in every way. Oh ... and the SetPoint software (replaces MouseWare for the MX1000) is not bulky at all, nor does it put in stupid features. Just a simple config app and drivers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Great job Logitech! Now if you could only make a wireless keyboard to match the look and feel of the MX1000.

Jammrock

agallag
17th September 2004, 22:06
My old intellimouse optical wouldn't work smoothly on my beech veneer desk (shiny) so I always used it with my Ratpadz. My new MX510 works better straight on the desk. Now I don't have to worry about sliding off the edge of the pad, so it's all good. Glad to hear the new laser mouse works just as well, if not better.

Terrafin
17th September 2004, 23:46
sounds good jammrock, i'm glad that your happy... looks like ill be saving up to get one in Oct... :)

Kastuvas
18th September 2004, 05:10
E-buyer has canceld my order as they could not get the MX510 in stock:( I have ended up with a Razer Viper 1000 from play.com £30+free delivery:), specialy designed for gamers, loveley mouse but a little bit too small :/

xortam
18th September 2004, 08:23
Sounds very similar to my experience with the diNovo ... great mouse. Nice keyboard but it seems to get lost after long periods of inactivity.

Wombat
18th September 2004, 11:49
Originally posted by xortam
Sounds very similar to my experience with the diNovo ... great mouse. Nice keyboard but it seems to get lost after long periods of inactivity. Except that the bluetooth is inherently laggy.

xortam
18th September 2004, 22:58
Originally posted by Wombat
Except that the bluetooth is inherently laggy. That hasn't been my experience ... though I'm not a game athlete.

Wombat
19th September 2004, 00:31
That hasn't been my experience ... though I'm not a game athlete. One of the big complaints I heard against the DiNovo is that the bluetooth mice are noticably slower than the FastRF that Logitech uses in the MX700 and company. Personally, I've used neither.

Paddy
19th September 2004, 11:30
I do love my MX700 but I feel like treating myself.. :)

My only complaint with the MX700 is that I occasionaly hit the thumb buttons by mistake. I also tend to run over my little finger now and then!

How does it's big brother compare?

xortam
19th September 2004, 11:33
One of the big complaints I heard against the DiNovo is that the bluetooth mice are noticably slower than the FastRF that Logitech uses in the MX700 and company. Personally, I've used neither. Where have you read these complaints? The consensus on AVS is that the Logitech Bluetooth mice are as fast as wired. I haven't notice any difference from my wired mouse on my older system. I've played several hours of Doom 3 with the new system (need to find some "spare" time to play some more) at 19x12 and it appeared "wired", regardless of frame rates.

Wombat
19th September 2004, 12:29
Where have you read these complaints? Read through the thread that's linked to in the first post of this thread.

xortam
19th September 2004, 13:18
Read through the thread that's linked to in the first post of this thread. I'll do that some time ... thanks. ;)

Terrafin
19th September 2004, 15:43
Originally posted by Paddy
I do love my MX700 but I feel like treating myself.. :)

My only complaint with the MX700 is that I occasionaly hit the thumb buttons by mistake. I also tend to run over my little finger now and then!

How does it's big brother compare?

Ummm from what i have heard and seen from pictures... they have made the thumb rest a bit wider, and some people have said this has helped from mistakingly hitting the thumb buttons :)

Paddy
19th September 2004, 22:35
Originally posted by Terrafin
Ummm from what i have heard and seen from pictures... they have made the thumb rest a bit wider, and some people have said this has helped from mistakingly hitting the thumb buttons :)
Cool! Does your little finger grip the mouse or does it rest on the table top?

Terrafin
19th September 2004, 22:55
Dunno yet paddy! i have to wait until the 18th of october to tell ya ;) but ask jammrock...

but im guessing my little finger would do a bit of both... grip the mouse while still resting/touching the table... just depends i guess on how you hold/move your mouse but it sounds like your hurting after every use of the mx700 :D

Maybe try and tighten the gap between the mouse and your desk somehow??

Kooldino
20th September 2004, 05:59
Already you might be surprised to know that this mouse has had no issues with any surface I have tried it on, including a mirror

That's awesome. :)

Paddy
20th September 2004, 09:16
Originally posted by Terrafin
Dunno yet paddy! i have to wait until the 18th of october to tell ya ;) but ask jammrock...

but im guessing my little finger would do a bit of both... grip the mouse while still resting/touching the table... just depends i guess on how you hold/move your mouse but it sounds like your hurting after every use of the mx700 :D

Maybe try and tighten the gap between the mouse and your desk somehow??

Nah! my finger sometimes sticks to the table whilst the mouse slides. It's fine moving left, but it causes the mouse to 'stutter' when moving right.

Greebe
20th September 2004, 09:40
Nah! my finger sometimes sticks to the table whilst the mouse slides. It's fine moving left, but it causes the mouse to 'stutter' when moving right.

stick some of that teflon tape to them :D

Paddy
20th September 2004, 09:42
STOP TRYING TO TALK ME OUT OF BUYING A NEW MOUSE! :D

Jammrock
20th September 2004, 10:26
STOP TRYING TO TALK ME OUT OF BUYING A NEW MOUSE! :D
You could always use a new mouse! I have 2 wireless for work, one wireless for home, one wired for travel and 1 wired for home. All optical, 4 out of 5 Logitech, one MS.

Paddy
20th September 2004, 14:05
:) I need to get a 120GB HD too... I'll buy them togeather (when the wife is away :))

xortam
20th September 2004, 14:23
HDDs are getting cheap. I regularly buy big ones locally on sale at less than $0.50 USD per GB.

Paddy
20th September 2004, 14:25
:( I am looking for a 120GB HD for my XBOX

Terrafin
20th September 2004, 16:32
get the new mouse paddy! ;)

and yeah thats a good idea while the wife is a away...

i mean i bought a new HDD for my girlfriend because she kept complaining she was running out of space ... but when i did, i still got into trouble! :(

Paddy
20th September 2004, 22:17
:)

Fat Tone
21st September 2004, 00:29
Let me know what prices you find Paddy. I've only found a couple of places with stick so far, but p&p can be a killer.

Paddy
21st September 2004, 10:25
I've not looked outside Dabs, but I thought that their price was to be expected...

Fat Tone
27th September 2004, 09:25
The various price comparison engines sometimes come up with a couple of different part numbers for the MX1000:

931272-0120

and

931175-0914

anyone know why?

TIA.

BTW, still very little stock in the UK. PCWorld has them of course, but at £60!!!

Helevitia
27th September 2004, 10:11
I wonder if there is a way to only have one receiver with the MX1000 and a wireless keyboard? anyone know?

Jammrock
27th September 2004, 10:32
AFAIK they do not offer the MX1000 with a keyboard, yet. At they didn't when I was researching mine. A keyboard mouse solution would probably break the $100 mark, thus making it less appealing to more people.

Fluff
27th September 2004, 11:35
I'm waiting for that too. I reckon after christmas or 6 months. But seeing as the scanning rate for the mouse is 125 times a second(allegedly the max for usb), through one connector it would mean slowing the mouse down).

I am wondering what is the best keyboard? One of my favourites is the white HP keyboard. Are IBM / Dell / Cherry ones better for typing on?

Terrafin
27th September 2004, 18:48
i have heard the reciever works exactly the same as the mx700's reciever so it should be compatible with logitech wireless keyboards...

I have a MX duo, so i will just keep my old keyboard for the time being...

although as Fluff said this might slow the mouse down...

Paddy
5th November 2004, 09:21
Just got me a MX1000... It is a significant improvement over my MX700 - Its much much more comfortable to hold... nice piece of kit! :)

Anyone wanna MX700? :p

GT98
5th November 2004, 09:32
I just ordered mine...though I just got a MS setup with a keyboard and mouse...and I dont care for MS wireless mouse too much.

Fat Tone
5th November 2004, 09:36
To be honest, the shape of mine takes a little getting used to. I can't fault its precision though.

What speed/acelleration settings are people using?

BTW I had a wierd thing happen earlier: I had OE on one screen and IE6 on the other; it didn't matter which screen I scrolled (with the scroll wheel), the OE window always scrolled regardless of whether I was pointing at it or not!

Paddy
5th November 2004, 09:39
the target page has to be one in focus.

Fat Tone
5th November 2004, 09:55
I'll rephrase: Either the OE window scrolled when in focus, or when the IE window was in focus, BOTH windows scrolled!

Paddy
5th November 2004, 09:57
ah... right! :) Is it reproducible????

Fat Tone
5th November 2004, 09:57
not atm!

Fat Tone
5th November 2004, 09:59
Which I'm glad about as Dscaler uses the scroll wheel to change channel (on my WinTV PVR) and that would be REALLY annoying :D

Paddy
5th November 2004, 10:04

My MX700 wont charge now... I cant get the contacts to align in the holder :(

The PIT
5th November 2004, 10:12
Stop trying to find excuses. Just use another charger.

Jammrock
5th November 2004, 11:27
Note to MX1000 users: Don't use the Mouse applet in the Control Panel to adjust MX1000 settings. The MX1000 uses it's own proprietary HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) to adjust the cursor speed and whatnot. You need to open the Logitech "Settings" program (Start -> Programs -> Logitech -> Mice and Keyboards -> Settings) to properly tweak the MX1000.

Just thought I'd throw that out. At least for me, I've noticed that tweaking from the Mouse applet doesn't work well (it works somewhat), but tweaking from Logitech Settings does it right.

Jammrock

Paddy
5th November 2004, 16:35
Cheers!

I've installed the software but I didn't notice any applet.... I'll try a reinstall....

....back to work, yawn :(

Fat Tone
6th November 2004, 00:27
I'm letting it show the icon in the tray until I have it just right...that way I guess I know I'm using the applet

Paddy
6th November 2004, 14:46
I still cant get the software to install... it asks for a sys file on the windows cd and then aborts..... hmm....

The PIT
6th November 2004, 14:50
I thought the problem was you couldn't get your old mouse to charge.

Paddy
7th November 2004, 11:11
yeah, the old mouse refuses to charge when it is docked. You can sit there for ten mins trying the align the contacts!

I have managed to install the software for the MX1000, however the mouse seems to have become erratic and often skips about on the screen.... perhaps all my attemps at installing the driver have killed it....

Paddy
7th November 2004, 11:21
Hmm.. I am also finding that I am having to click buttons several times before it registers.... Must be the drivers....

Also, can you customise the middle button? I don't see an option in the control panel... Should the middle button click twice???

Terrafin
7th November 2004, 13:43
hey paddy,

logitech setpoint software still needs maturing... but you can edit an .xml file... see this link

http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1530

and for the skipping around the screen... i believe it is fixed with the nexest logitech drivers... see this thread...

http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1597

logitech driver link
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/AU/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=9409

fixed link

Paddy
7th November 2004, 16:07
Cheers for the prompt reply matey! :)

I'll give it a whirl :)

Terrafin
7th November 2004, 16:36
no worries mate, i hope it works! :)

Paddy
8th November 2004, 12:24
New drivers are much better... The middle mouse button clicks once when I press lightly, and again when i press more firmly. Is there any way to make the mouse recognise the first depress as the button?

Fat Tone
8th November 2004, 13:00
That sounds like a faulty switch to me - mine doesn't do that! The wheel can sound rather naff if scrolled with very little pressure, but otherwise works just as you'd expect.

K6-III
8th November 2004, 20:28
Yeah, nice improvement with the new drivers...

Terrafin
8th November 2004, 20:40
well i just ordered mine and picking it up now...

hope there's no problems...

Paddy
9th November 2004, 00:55
The middle mouse button can be depressed with the same force as the left and right buttons and it clicks. If you press it in further (noticeably further) it goes clunk and the button registers. I got it from OCUK and I their RMA service is shocking :(

Terrafin
9th November 2004, 02:46
hey your right paddy... except mine registers on the first press but it only clicks if i press it down more?

Paddy
9th November 2004, 08:42
I have emailed oc.uk to see if they will cross ship a replacement, but I wont hold my breath! :(

The PIT
9th November 2004, 12:18
Only time I had trouble with them was with a via kt133a board. Since they were all basically faulty it wasn't surprising. Other stuff they replaced without any problem
This of course is where the no help credit card companies should be able to help.

Paddy
10th November 2004, 08:41
ocuk shipped me a damaged Athlon - the core was chipped in one corner. I reported it to them, but they claimed that it was not damaged when shipped - The credit card (Barclays) did nothing. Yay! Consumer rights!

Interestingly, when i press the middle buttone down firmly so that it clicks then clunks, the cursor changes to a magnifying lense. When i depress the mouse button slightly nothing happens, unless ....

If i open two widows, e.g. opera and explorer and position them so that I can see both, if I click (not clunk :)) the middle mouse on the window that is NOT active, the taskbar icon flashes to get my attention.

This is the only way I can get the computer to recognise the button.

Odd????

The PIT
10th November 2004, 09:50
Barclay are shite. Misleading advertising giving you the impression this is protected thats protected while in real life they don't want to know.
Best one I had with them is that I had to tell them a company had gone bust. They even had to cheek say "they told told us" I just replied "Of course they bloody won't ." I did get my money back but basically you're left with small claims court.

Paddy
10th November 2004, 10:57
I feel your pain John :(

Any opinions on my middle button woes?

Terrafin
10th November 2004, 14:56
hmmm same thing is happening to me paddy... except i get a clunk first then a click... :) but i do know that the middle button in setpoint is default to be a magnify button... but when in opera it zooms and scrolls, seems that niether have a priorety over one another...

paddy do you have the logitech wireless keyboard aswel hooked up?

i just asking because im having troubles getting the keyboard and mouse to work together... they do... but cant have both recievers plugged in. and if i only have one... the setpoint mouse options disappear? and tried setting them on different channels and everything but both recievers still pick up the mouse... because when i right-click once... it double clicks... kinda handy because it lets me be lazy ass, but not a good thing... :D

any ideas? and dont say reformat! please! hehe although it needs it hehe

GT98
10th November 2004, 16:23
I have problems with the back button not working in Firefox...any fixes for that? Or is it a Firefox problem thats rearing its head again?

Paddy
10th November 2004, 19:04
I dont have a wireless keyboard mate... although I am sure that all your problems can be solved by a format :)

The magnifying lense only appears when I firmly depress the mouse, but I can get the taskbar to flash by semi-depressing the button.... does that mean that it is working???? The last thing I want is for the store to say that it is working :(

Fat Tone
11th November 2004, 00:23
The magnifying lense only appears when I firmly depress the mouse, but I can get the taskbar to flash by semi-depressing the button.... does that mean that it is working???? The last thing I want is for the store to say that it is working :(

I'm sure that's wrong. Mine behaves exactly how you would normally expect...I did try varying the pressure to be sure. Is it possible you are scrolling just one notch when pressing lightly?

Paddy
11th November 2004, 02:56
nah, scrolling doesn't produce an audiable click. The middle mouse button, when lightly depressed, sounds exactly like the other buttons. When firmly depressed it sounds like the noise produced when tapping the mouse on a wooden desk...

Paddy
11th November 2004, 08:39
OC will not cross ship. They will *allow* me to buy a new one and then offer a refund asuming that the mouse is faulty.... I don't want to pay twice and be stuck with two :(

What do you guys think?

Wombat
11th November 2004, 09:20
And hopefully you have an e-mail where they told you this.

I think you should use a credit card where it's easy for you to chargeback once they have the second mouse in their possession, if they start to reneg.

K6-III
11th November 2004, 17:19
Logitech also provides a 5 year warranty on the mouse. You could just use that...

Paddy
12th November 2004, 02:44
Cool! Perhaps I shoud contact them instead...

In my previous thread, I'm gonna RMA myHD with WD rather than OC UK.....

not good customer service.... but I keep going back :rolleyes: :)

Fat Tone
12th November 2004, 02:45
Hoping for another heavily discounted case? ;) (was that them?)

Paddy
12th November 2004, 02:48
nah, that was theoveclockingstore.co.uk shortly before they went out of business. Now their customer service was excellent!

Fat Tone
12th November 2004, 02:49
LOL :)