Flying Dutchman's YUY2.EXE ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Dutchman's YUY2.EXE ???

Hi all I'm kinda new to this but this Flying Dutchman's YUY2.EXE is a hack for the matrox marvel G400 TV card right?
    Does anyone know where I can download it I have been searching like crazy for this one but no luck =(
    Please reply!
    Thank's
    Regards
    Cyberhof

You're pretty close to it. It's on the download page of T_I's site;

http://www.desktopvideoworld.com

Yes, it's for the Marvel G400. It activates the YUY2 capture mode in alternate capture programs like AVI_IO, MS VidCap and Ulead VCapture. It does not allow YUY2 captures in PC-VCR as it doesn't have the necessary selections to use it.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thank's man! =)

Is there no way at all to use the G400 with YUY2 captures like PC-VCR or WinVCR (what are these selections you menchened)?

Regards
      Cyberhof

Comment

You CAN do YUY2 captures with the Marvel G400 using AVI_IO, MS Vidcap, Ulead VCapture and other such programs.

You CANNOT do YUY2 captures with the Marvel G400 using PC-VCR because of the way its programmed. Given that PC-VCR also drops frames between 2 gig capture segments this makes it less than useful for these captures anyhow.

AVI_IO is the top dawg for this kind of thing because of it's ability to keep audio synch over long multi-file captures and how it handles dropped frames. It also doesn't drop frames between captured segments. Great proggie.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 10 July 2000).]

Comment

Ok man thanks I'll try AVI_IO

Regards

Cyberhof

Comment

Please don't forget to use only Vidtools 1.52 or earlier as the good Doctor has said, YUY2 functionality has been broken for 1.54.

Comment

Does this mod also work with a G400 MAX + RRG combo? Is capturing in YUY2 better than MJPEG if I want to capture my analog video to SVCD (i.e. MPEG-2)? thanks!

Comment

Theoretically, there's nothing better than uncompressed video; you could use a codec like huffyuv to obtain lossless compression without any quality loss.

I used to make pretty good VCD's from VHS tapes by capturing in half resolution 352x576 (uncompressed) and further processing in VirtualDub: First "Smart Deinterlacing" ,then 2:1 scaledown, then temporal cleaner.

I must admit that I'm now getting MUCH MUCH MUCH better VCD results by capturing at full resolution 704x576 MJPEG and the following processing: Smart Deinterlace, Dynamic noise reduction, 2:1 scaledown. There's much less motion artefacts in my VCD's, and the image looks a lot sharper! In fact, they are coming pretty damn close to VHS quality now! It would probably be better to capture uncompressed at full resolution, but that's not realistic for a 120 minutes movie. Even with the huffyuv codec I'd need 80 gigabytes space!

I have the impression that it's best to keep the full resolution for as long as possible in the processing phase and to always do the scaledown as the last step.
                Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

We have almost all of your tricks now, just a question of curiosity what mjpeg codec(s) are you using ?

Comment

I would like to download Flying Dutchman's YUY2.EXE patch, but it appears that www.desktopvideoworld.com is dead (or at least it has been down tonight for some time).

Can anyone show me another place to get this file? Does anyone know the status of the site too?

Thanks.

K
                    P3 1GHz, 512Mb RAM (PC133), Asus CU4VX motherboard (VIA Chipset), Matrox Marvel G200, DiamondMax Plus 30.0Gb 7200rpm ATA100, Tekram SCSI UW controller, SCSI Zip drive, Creative 12X PCDVD, Yamaha 8824 CDRW

Comment

Mail me and I'll send you a copy....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

To Flying D:
                        Why don't you try Windows Media Encoder 8 ? I can achieve VHS quality (on TV out) without reprocessing YUY2 avis. I capture with Aviedit and go directly to encoding at 352x576 25 fps,700KBs. Just very little artifacts on cartoon movie backgrounds. File size is 1MB per 10 sec. movie, that means 2 hours movie on a single regular CD-ROM.
                        Bye
                        Raido
                        Bye
                        Raido

Comment

Flying Dutch,

have you read http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/005489.html ?

Full screen PAL YUY2 captures are rather blurred on Marvel. MJPEG gives much sharper picture.

Comment

Hi there!

I´m actually capturing full Pal res (704x576) without losing a frame using the box below:

ABIT KT7A-RAID
                            AMD DURON 800@800 no overclock needed
                            Hear this:
                            90 GB RAID-0 two 45 GB IBM 7200 Rpm UDMA100

Software:
                            VideoTools 1.52
                            Powerdesk 5.41
                            AVI_IO+Huffyuv

Here is my experience: I see no blur at all when capturing full pal video, in fact the image is as crisp as I never thought it would be with a RRG
                            This box is a monster!!! it eats up uncompressed video (20 MB/s) without sweating a bit (I mean 25% processor use)
                            THIS is to clarify us all (for those who still doubt of the quality of Matrox) that this card is definitely THE CARD (at least in non-professional-market).
                            Just one question: can I use a different version of Powerdesk instead of 5.41? I´d like to know ´cos there are many funtionalities I miss from 6.xx ...
                            Thanx for reading this far ...

Comment

Will the YUY2 hack work on Mystique220/RRS?
                              And, will it work in NT4?

Comment

Working...
                              X