Moratorium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moratorium?

I enter a plea that the Lounge be a politics-free zone. In particular, any reference or allusion to the US Presidential Elections should be immediately transferred to the Temp forum or deleted (also the Australian, Chechnyan, UK or any other). I believe that this should include jokes, as these are always used for snide denigration of the opposing candidate(s) and they also produce more or less inflammatory responses.

So, at least until the next President of the USA is firmly esconced in the Oval Office, can we have a moratorium here, please?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

I agree. If only to make Temp even more interesting.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

So far the thread concerend has been mostly well behaved. It is also of general Interest.

I am well aware of your prefernces Brian, but you still read the temp anyway.

Just because no-one else on the forums can see you, doesn't mean I can't.

Simple translation: stop ya whining, I'm busy and I will move it when/if I decide to.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I don't think we should start a witch-hunt.

Some jokes only use the president because they need a high official to make it work, and are not personal (ok, in an election period they might be interpreted otherwise).

Also, there is - as sasq said - the matter of general interest. I visit the temp very rarely (right, Sasq ? ), but that doesn't mean I'm not open to civilised discussions.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Temp, Lounge, it's all good. I haven't noticed the threads in here getting out of hand. Some of the ones we used to have, now those...
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I think that your going a little too far with your "it belongs in the Temp forum" Brian.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Just because it's political doesn't mean its automatically "Temp" material.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X