Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8ms LCD monitors by Viewsonic to be out soon(tm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8ms LCD monitors by Viewsonic to be out soon(tm)

The model in the article looks to be from the Viewsonic Pro-series, Benq is also coming out with 8ms models, Philips not far behind.

The link to the article

What i would really like is the 16.7million color capability that viewsonic has on its G-series and the design of P-series in one monitor, and if it that happens to be in a 20" model i'd be very very happy
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Yeah, shame its only 17" though

Comment

Re: 8ms LCD monitors by Viewsonic to be out soon(tm)

Originally posted by Belwarrior
      What i would really like is the 16.7million color capability that viewsonic has on its G-series and the design of P-series in one monitor, and if it that happens to be in a 20" model i'd be very very happy
      And very, very poor.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

8ms, probably not a true 16.8 mil display.

personally, I am hoping for OLED and 17" that can do UXGA....

Comment

The technology is really starting to make LCD look more tempting...
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Re: Re: 8ms LCD monitors by Viewsonic to be out soon(tm)

Originally posted by Jammrock
            And very, very poor.

Jammrock
            hehe.. forgot about that... i wouldnt mind paying around USD1000 for that.. but that would mean me going on a diet... no more 4 or 5 meals a day

but like what i said i would rather have a 12ms (or even 16ms) panel with 16.7m colours than a much faster panel with lower colour setting. I dont really need 8ms LCD monitors as i dont play games much and most of those i do play tend not to be FPS-based.

A good 16ms 20" LCD monitor now eg, the viewsonic VP201b or the Dell FP2001 are able to display DVDmovies at 60+ fps good enough for most action movies. So all i need is an improvement in the colour dept, here's to hoping.

LCDs are becoming very tempting
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I am using a 16ms downscaled color LCD. for what i do (mostly word, programming, 3d model, circuits) I don't have any problem with it. Ocationally, the downscaled color can be a problem when u use photoshop/ful 8bpp gradient wallpaper, but that's irrelevent for me. As for 16ms, its definitely fast enough *quake 3*

Comment

Working...
              X