Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Matrox news.

From a story on X-bit Labs.

“We do intend on releasing products that will fit the PCI Express architecture, but it likely will not be until the end of Q4 [2004] at the earliest. Keep checking our site regularly to see which product lines will be announced to support PCI Express,” said Shawn Black, Inbound Sales Representative, Matrox Graphics.

Yea...should be out around Xmas (which prob means next March or April).
    Just a PCI-E version of the Parhelia. And it's not looking too great right now. Seems M is so understaffed on coders that the card could very well be released with TnL crippled to software (even though the hardware can handle it).
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

WTF? That's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
        WTF? That's just sad.
        Sad?! Hell ... its pathetic!
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

It's pathetic that the graphics card division has been knocked back to the position it was in 10 years ago.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            Sad?! Hell ... its pathetic!
            It's so sad and pathetic it's funny...

Comment

Where's VigilAnt when you need him?
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

If they don't further cripple the current Parhelia core and add DX9 support so that I can run Longhorn with all the visual goodies, I might seriously consider it...Linux support doesn't really interest me and I very rarely game anymore. As for the price...well, I hope they decide to sell it at P650/750 price levels, another 400$ would be a bit much to part with for essentialy the same card.
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

$400 a bit much? for a crippled card that is DX8?

*shudder*

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Nothing much there, i bet its just gonna be a Parhelia PCX. Given the amount of employees Small M has, i don't think they have the ability to add in DX9!

Comment

There is already a Parhelia based PCI-Express card check it out here...

Go Matrox video!!!!!!!

Comment

Thats PCI-X, not pci express. Entirely differant architecture.

Comment

i dont get it ? if they are understaffed why not opensource there drivers ? let the Opensource community make them for them.

The opensource community needs a good graphics card, and they need the drivers to be good or be open, and if matrox doesnt really care about gamers or home users, then the Opensource community could make these drivers for linux and other OS, and maybe the coders Matrox do have can use the code to make windows drivers ?

just a thought..
                          Snake

Dual AMD MP 1800+
                          Asus A7M266-D
                          512MB ECC registered MEM
                          2 * 40GB IBM HDD
                          RAID 0 using Promise ultra 100
                          Audigy Platinum
                          2 * 19" iiyama monitors
                          Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb
                          (Parhelia )

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                            $400 a bit much? for a crippled card that is DX8?

*shudder*

That's what I'm saying, i wouldn't part with that cash for the same card...however, if they would add DX9 so I could run Longhorn, I would pay up even though it would probably have the gaming capabilities of a 100$ ATI or GeForce. Plus, my current Parhelia is over 2 years old now and it's the longest-running graphics card I ever had in a system, in 2 years I would have surely spent a similar amount of money on several vidcards from the other manufacturers. And honestly speaking, up until very recently, gaming performance was not bad at all, things looked pretty good in 1024 w/FAA.
                            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                              Where's VigilAnt when you need him?
                              He's completely out of the loop these days
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X