Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody try the Rome Total War Demo?

What do you think of it?

Well it does play in mach 253, but that is in my opinion only a good thing though. The fact that it's impossible to loose in the demo makes it difficult to judge how real battles with more units in the game are going act out.

One more thing, shame that they didn't include some form of pixel shaded water. That would have improved the look of an otherwise very good looking game immensely.

Edit: I wonder if this is Matrox Gaming though as I wonder how a Parhelia is going to run this game. As Matrox isn't focusing on gaming anymore is this forum the place for all gaming related threads or should we keep it in GHS or do we need a new forum? See I hijacked my own thread!
    Last edited by Novdid; 26 August 2004, 13:05.

All gaming threads are welcome here. Doesn't have to be directly related to gaming on M cards.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks, now I know that!

Back to the topic then!

Comment

Hey Kruzin, is it possible to change the title of the gaming forum? I'm not sure what a good name is, but something that makes you think you can post anything about gaming there. just MHO.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It's possible for Ant or Sasq to change the forum name.
          Sasq mentioned it to me a couple months ago, and I just kinda shrugged it off. Doesn't really matter to me what it's called. I just figured most MURCers knew they could post any gaming threads here.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Tryed the demo a couple of days ago. Nice graphics and yes, they could've added some pixel shaded or bump mapped water.
            I played it on medium (default) difficulty and it was rather easy, also hope that the rest of the game would be much harder

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
              It's possible for Ant or Sasq to change the forum name.
              Sasq mentioned it to me a couple months ago, and I just kinda shrugged it off. Doesn't really matter to me what it's called. I just figured most MURCers knew they could post any gaming threads here.

I think thats the biggest problem is that alot of the gaming related threads are posted in GH/SW since people think this is just for Matrox related gaming issues. Maybe we can get rid of this catagory and have it a sub catagory of GH/SW forum?
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah, I thought this was specific to Matrox cards as well.
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

You could always call it MURCER Gaming
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

There ya go. Or MURC Gaming. Or just Gaming.
                    I don't think it should be burried in the GHW/SW forum.
                    Just renaming it to a more generic name should be good enough...

Comment

so it is written so shall it be done
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Sasq!
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Much better, thanks!

Comment

No Total War fans amongst the MURCers???

Comment

I just bought Rome: Total War as a change from Generals: Zero Hour and I'm really liking it. It plays very well on the P650 / Barton 3000+ / 1gig rig at home. I'm not a huge gamer but the only games that the P650 disappoints me are fps ones like Doom3 and Far Cry so far.

Right, excuse me now - I must go kick some more Egyptian ass...

Comment

Working...
                              X