Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK deal, pentium 4 3.2G, 0 pounds.

Found this pticign error this morning,
    doubt that they will ever fill the order but they have pentium 4 3.2's for 0 pounds listed on the site:

have fun trying!
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

UK only from the looks of it.... you should order a bunch and see if their automated system lets it through .. I would gladly buy one from you for 10 times that price, if you can get them
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

no money exchanged (consideration) so not a contract so v. much doubt it would be honoured. If it was 1p that would be a different matter.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm

Thank you for your order, a Panrix sales representative will contact you within the next 24 hours to confirm the order details below.
        doesn't look like this will end up being free

does anyone have any tips on bullying sales representatives???
        Dell Inspiron 8200
        Pentium4m 1.6
        640mb pc2100
        64mb gf440go
        15" uxga ultrasharp
        40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Take a look around their site - they have more £0 items.
          Intel GB Switches? Add a couple of those to your order as well.

Unfortunately there is no contract here so I don't think you stand any chance.
          If they were on the site at £10 each and then you were charged £10 then I believe we have a contract - not entirely sure how it works for zero value items as I think everything has to have a value (notice those free scratch cards you used to get in some petrol stations said on the back value 0.01p).

If I had to make a guess I'd say the £0 items are tings they don't currently have in stock.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I got one for the hell of it
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

quote from the confirmation email:

panrix.co.uk - Confirmation of Order: 11587 Patrick, thank you for placing order for the following items from Panrix Website, please check through your order and email any enquiries to sales@panrix.co.uk or ring Panrix sales on 0113 2444 958, quoting your OrderID.

Online OrderID: 11587

Name:
              Patrick Bushe

Address:
              xxxxxxxx
              xxxxxx
              xxxx
              Email: xxxxxxx
              Telephone: xxxxxxxxxxx

Order:

Product ID: - CP0209
              Product: - Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.2 GHz w/512KB On-Die L2 Cache, 800MHz
              Quantity: - 1

---------

Unit Price: £0.00
              Item Total: £0.00
              ---------
              Total:
              0.00 Including VAT
              0.00 Excluding VAT
              One of our sales staff will be contacting you on xxxxxxxxxxx within the next 24 hours.

Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. E&OE. This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) 'The intended recipient(s)' to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is priviledged and confidential within the meaning of the applicable law.
              If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by Panrix Technologies Ltd.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

GNEP is spot on calling this a non contract... without a value the sale is null and void.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Will I Will I nope can't arsed when they charge my credit card for the full amount.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                    Will I Will I nope can't arsed when they charge my credit card for the full amount.
                    huh!

Comment

Though if the business was phony they did just get all of your info. Watch that credit card statement for a while.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

didn't give my details

Comment

I think we would have stood a far better chance if we'd tagged such an item onto an order for other things.
                          Lets say, place an order for a new motherboard and some RAM and then attempted to slip in a £0 3.2Ghz P4.
                          There then would have been a very slight chance it could have been overlooked.
                          However a £0 order in total just isn't going to wash - so I don't think anybody should expect anything from this one.

On a side note, Panrix went bust a little over a year ago leaving people high and dry.
                          A friend of mine had purchased a computer from them on recommendation from two PC magazines here in the UK and the company went bust before the machine was delivered.
                          Thankfully it was purchased on credit card and she didn't lose anything on the deal.

So obviously somebody took the Panrix name and company on and of course I doubt they honoured any of the old warranties sold with Panrix systems from previous years.
                          Funny how they claim 9+ years as a company on their website though - surely the "Panrix" that is around now has to be a new company of a year to eighteen months at most?
                          Not that I really care, just an interesting point.
                          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

yes your right about that Paulr, Panrix have had a very odd history,think they have been bust twice as i bought a machine from them about 5-6 years ago, it had a voodoo3 in which broke, when i went to them(still in warranty period) they told me they were no longer the same company, not a problem i thought, ill just take it up with 3dfx, only to find that by the time i got round to trying to sort the card out 3dfx had also gone to the wall
                            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
                              huh!

Easy you have ever tried talking to Barclaycard over a dispute. They just don't want to know.

So if I ordered that for zero pounds and Panrix then charged me three hundred.

When I contact Barclaycard they would just say to me. "we can't do anything unless it's covered by the terms and conditions".

Sadly they don't even seem to know the latest trading laws thats how crap they are.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X