MediaPlayer9, open multiple video files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaPlayer9, open multiple video files

How can I open 2 or more .avi or .mpg files at the same times with Windows Media Player 9, or with MP 8, for this sake?

I can do it with the old and fast Media Player 6.5.

Fred
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

From http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

1.13 Can I open multiple instances of the Player?
    For Windows Media Player 7 or later, it is not possible to open multiple instances of the Player. However, you can embed multiple instances of Windows Media Player 7 or later in a Web page. You can open multiple instances of Windows Media Player 6.4 (Mplayer2.exe), which is already on your computer if you installed Windows Media Player 7 or later. (To start Windows Media Player 6.4, click Start, click Run, and then type mplayer2.exe. Then, in the Player, select the Open a new player for each media file played check box in the Options dialog box.)

For Windows Media Player for Windows XP, there's an unsupported ability to open multiple instances of the Player. This ability is not available in Windows Media Player 9 Series. To open multiple instances of Windows Media Player for Windows XP, launch one instance of Windows Media Player for Windows XP, then right-click the Windows Media Player for Windows XP icon and click Run As. You can launch numerous instances of Windows Media Player for Windows XP this way. Keep in mind that this is not supported; generally, you'll only be able to play content that was previously in your Media Library with any additional instance of the Player, and you will not be able to set Player options by using the Options command on the Tools menu.

Comment

Media Player Classic is FREE and it's good for video, also running multiple instances supported.

Download guliverkli for free. Media Player Classic, now part of the mpc-hc project. Home of VobSub, Media Player Classic (MPC) and other misc utils. This project is now part of the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema project, at https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/

Comment

Thanks, adis.
        Yes, as I mentioned I can open multiple video files with media player 6.5, which is mplayer2.exe.
        Sometimes I reassociate the format to mplayer2.exe, but it could bi expected from a modern MP, like MP9 to be able to do the same.
        Regards,
        Fred

Comment

P.S. Sorry I said I have MP 6.5.
          Wrong. I am using Media Player 6.4.9.1125, besides MP 9.

Fred

Comment

Working...
          X