DVD Recording Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Recording Media

I got myself a liteon Dual layer DVD burner the other day and I have a couple of questionsl

Whats the differece between DVD+R and DVD-R Media?

When is the dual layer media gonna come down in price? I think I saw a 3 pack going for close to $42 bucks some where!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The media will come down in price once;

1. they can make enough to satisfy the market

2. the market is big enough to make #1 worth doing

In other words the laws of supply and demand are in full force.

Problem is that +R has acquired the rep (and justifiably so) for not being as compliant with existing decks as -R. As a result many people are waiting for DVD-R DL, the production of which is just getting started.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Is it safe to assume that all stand alone players made now can play DVD+R?
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        Is it safe to assume that all stand alone players made now can play DVD+R?
        Yes it is...
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I have only found 2 DVD players that will not play +r. One is a 3 year old Zenith, and the other is a Kenwood that came with a sound system, but the Kenwood says in the owners manual "Will not Play Burned DVD's."

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Add to that the 6 month old Philips my son bought (dunno the model number though).

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

From what I understood when researching which to buy, DVD+R is a CAV (Constant Angular Velocity) format, which is better for archiving and rapidly accessing data, while DVD-R is a CLV (Constant Linear Velocity) format, which is more appropriate for recording movies for playback.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the answers...plus u might have answered the other question I had about DVD backups and them not working in DVD players
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Hope the prices will drop for the dual layer medias.
                  What I Did For Love
                  Cerritos College Cal Poly Pomona San Luis Obispo Kwak KCCC

Comment

Working...
                  X