Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those using SP2 & XP's built-in firewall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those using SP2 & XP's built-in firewall!

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) includes the Windows Firewall, a replacement for the Internet Connection Firewall component in previous versions of Windows XP. Windows Firewall is a stateful host firewall that discards unsolicited incoming traffic, providing a level of protection for computers against malicious users or programs. To provide better protection for computers connected to any kind of network (such as the Internet, a home network, or an organization network), Windows XP SP2 enables Windows Firewall on all network connections by default. Network administrators can use the Windows Firewall INF file (Netfw.inf) to modify default settings either before installation or after installation. This article describes the usage of the Windows Firewall INF file.

Quite handy, thanks

Comment

:SHakes head in utter disbelief:

How long 'til this is used in combination with some other code to kill or alter the firewall.

Comment

or pity those who are less PC inclinded when dealing with their ISP's teir 1 tech support... turn off any firewall you have running, connect directly to the modem if you have a router, now bend over and let the world ream you out while I make blind shots as to what the issue is, because it certainly can't be anything on our end, ever.

Guy the other day was convinced my router was at fault for the packet loss... and then had me deleting all cookies/temporary internet files from IE, when I expressedly told him I did not use IE, nor could that cause the issue

Within 10 minutes of hangin up on the piehole, was a saturated upload rate killing me off. Switched from BT to Bittornado and capped that BS.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X