Silly Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Rules

Local pub going for it's renewal of it's Karakoo license.

They've got three fire exits from the room involved however the one leading to the beer garden needs a bar on it.

The cellar needs emergency lighting.

The upstairs living quarters need emergency lighting.

Speakers need to be secure which is sensible.

Extraction fans have to be altered. I guess smoke may effect the singing. More likely it's the beer.

The DJ isn't allowed to speak.

Who thinks up this crap I don't know I just know I pay my council tax for these loonies to waste everyones time.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Try living in a community with a Home Association. If one of these gets started you can't even paint your house or build an addition without their approval. There have even been cases where the HA has objected to veterans displaying their Marine, Army etc. service flags on their porches

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'd like to see one of these "home association" "authorities" come up to an ex-marine's house and tell him to take down his flag. Especially with him camped out on the porch with his M16.

Comment

How do such horrific associations come into being?

Comment

They tried to do a HA in my subdivision, but didn't set it up right so we don't have one.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You know, some regulations are prettier if your not affected by them!

Some people have absolutedly no taste or understading - and one buttugly house or two can ruin the look of an entire village.

Off course its a matter of when and where, too much or too little.

The old farmer that sold his farm to my parents, wanted to build a new and more manageable home to himself and his cousin (he's 82- his Cousin is 94!).
            He HAD to install stairs upto his front door "Because those kind of houses has stairs in front" or some such thing. He walks using a kane, and would rather be able to enter straight into the house. Well, he went a build it as he darn would have it himself (did go for the red slated roof tho). And off course he got a dispensation in the end.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              Try living in a community with a Home Association. If one of these gets started you can't even paint your house or build an addition without their approval. There have even been cases where the HA has objected to veterans displaying their Marine, Army etc. service flags on their porches

Dr. Mordrid
              Hmmm....

We have a Homeowners Association and it isn't anything like that at all.

It has however:
              1, Prevented a 150 ft cel tower from being built in someones back yard.
              2, Prevented the electric company from planting a string of power poles down our boulevard.
              3, Put up nice signs that improve our poperty values.
              4, Got a Quick Stop replaced by a nice Pharmacy.
              5, Sprinkler system and Gazebo on said boulevard.
              6, Organized a 24/7 neighborhood patrol.

etc, etc.

Now, if our Historical status ever goes though the kind of thing you are talking about will go into force. But by the city, not by the association.
              And our property values will go up 50%.
              So it would be worth it.

Chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

What I was talking about had nothing to do with a Historical District and everything to do with busybodies whose own homes could use some improving

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I live with one of those F'd associations... The President is an 80 year old busy body BIATCH who not only birthed 9 children, but they love their parents so much will have nothing todo with them... Her Husband is a slick bad mouthing womanizing ex drunk near his death bed the last couple of years... He's refered to as "The Mayor" due to his spying... w/ bino's watching every move you make. Heck my Jewish neighbor Crystal couldn't get that dirty old shit to leave her alone in her own backyard... he made it a habit to show up if she was sunbathing. Had the habit of not coming to my front door, but would come to my backdoor when it was cool in the spring still ... and open to clap his hands together loudly and yell get up (after having to deal with a sick child that didn't get to sleep til 3 am the night before) at 7am!!! I ripeed his head off for that BS. Dispite actually having nothing todo with the association beyond a home gets his way 99% of the time. We've had many run ins wit these two warm loving souls.

One neighbor after living here a year and with baby on the way decided to put in a small stone patio next to their lanai. Didn't think it was a big deal but OMG did these two pitch a fit and have been giving this nice family unit the hardest time ever since.

Some of us had nicely painted up green front doors... when the day came to paint all the houses they not only forced all to have the same old bleh brown, but a month afterward got themselves a new front door with a cut beveled glass insert... quite nice actually... sadly it was the same green they forced all to change to brown

Then there is the sprinkler system have gone through every company in the area and even I... nobody will touch this place because of their rep... everyone is either ripping them off or they are blaming their own faults on somebody else.

We wanted to put in a garden this last spring... and were told we could do so before everything went south (above). Wasn't allowed to without a "plan"... so in an hour I whipped one up.. nothing of any real size mind you... small ~150 square feet on the back corner of the house tastefully done with a wind break. Nope... they didn't want the grass destroyed in that area... the same area I've been fighting with the HOA/lawn hackers over for the last three years because they kill the grass in that spot by weedeating it right down to the dirt and over grown with weeds.... this is in addition to using their weedeaters to kill two mature orange trees and three Papaya trees. On of the Orange trees was left dead for 7 months without removal... They demanded I remove the Agave in the backyard (bloomed and then fell over) they said it was my responcibility because I put it there... pardon, we've been here 3 years and the plants take 10 to mature... Hello!!!... They had no problem with the dead orange tree tho... said they didn't want me to take anything out of the ground... 4 months later I said F'm and went to town with a chainsaw, cleaned the whole mess up with a bit of help from another home owner (now the VP)... he's 75... they compensated him for the work but didn't us... to the point he pay'd us for the work done and only asked that it never be mentioned to them

Then there is the repeated incidences of the Pres telling children they can't ride or play in the cul-de-sac and run them off... when it's a very low traffic a public street. They've had many parents some of which don't even live here eat them alive for that BS... but dowsn't stop them the next time.

Only thing I ask is when they pass to know where these ingrates are burried so I can dance on their graves... those of us that live here (some units are rental properties and the owners live out of state) plan to have a BIG party the day that comes.
                  Last edited by Greebe; 24 August 2004, 02:25.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

OMFG
                    How do they stay in charge of the association?
                    Chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                    X