(X)VCD settings and question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (X)VCD settings and question

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Thanks Sciascia,
    but i'm aware of Doc's registry hack for improving the comp. ratio and therefore the
    image quality, but my question is where is better to do the deinterlacing, TmpgEnc or
    VirtualDub
    ?
    mits,
    System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
    model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

mits: I prefer deinterlacing (if I have to do so) in VirtualDub since you can use Donald Graft's exellent Smart Deinterlacer add-in which does a better job at general deinterlacing than anything else I have dealt with (it's also free)
      http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/P...699/index.html

Comment

Technoid - might have something to do with the incorrect posting date a few days ago?

Rod

Comment

Greebe,

What's up with the "." your posting everywhere?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

(X)VCD settings and question

Hi all,
            The last 2 weeks i was testing various settings for creating an XVCD and i concluded to the following settings as far as the quality is concerned (displayed on 25'sony-TV and played by a sony 725 DVD)

1. Capture 704*576 / 6.6 comp. ratio using Matrox MJPG (i can't capture with Huffyuv because i have a Mil II/RRS (not YUV2 support) and a P-II 350 @ 466 (3.5x133)

2. Encoding with Tmpgenc 12b using :
            PAL-VCD template, unlocking the template from the extra directory and changing the following,
            frame size : 704x576,
            rate control mode: automatic VBR (CQ_VBR), CQ_VBR settings :Quality:100,Max Bit Rate :2500/kbit, Min Bit Rate: 1500/kbit
            Motion search accuracy: high quality
            Video Source : Interlaced
            Field Order :A
            Deinterlace Filter : On, Even Field

3. Burn with Nero (on CD-RW disk only) having unchecked the option for VCD compliance

The result is pretty good (even on 25' TV),
            i dare to say better than VHS

The question is :
            Do i have to deinterlace in VirtualDub or in TmpgEnc ? which one is better ?
            I made a test deinterlacing using VirtualDub,
            but apart from the extra time it took i didn't see any difference in the final mpg.
            Any other suggestions for improving the quality ?

------------------
            mits
            mits,
            System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
            model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Try this link.

http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...trox.htm#Mat30

I think that making sure that you're capture is as good as possible is the first important step. I also prefer MJPEG, its faster, easier and edits nicely. It is also a little smaller and the reason I bought a card that did HW compression. I tweaked mine up to almost 3:1 compression and it re-encodes beautifully.
              WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
              X