Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matte keying / see-thru text

Hello again, all.

I'm trying to get a particular effect and have gotten stuck. Here's my goal:

(a) I want to create a title on a black screen which allows video to show through the text; and (b) I want that text to come out toward the screen (ie, get larger) until it disappears, leaving just the video.

As for part (a), I followed a tutorial in my copy of "Premiere Pro 1.5 Studio Techniques" and got it to work. I have a Track Matte Key effect on the video in video 1, and the title is in video 2. So that works.

But when I try to make it grow past the screen, it doesn't work. I tried to use Video Effects/Matrox/Matrox Move and Scale and couldn't get anything to work, and then I tried just using the motion settings under Fixed Effects. The latter method has allowed me to make the title grow, but it leaves a static echo of itself in the original position, and the video only plays in that original position.

So, any advice?

Thanks in advance.

--jim

PS - I have solved my earlier capture troubles, and will be posting the solution for anyone who cares later tonight. (But right now I have to go watch a movie.
Working...
X