Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing photo images (off topic, but someone might know)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing photo images (off topic, but someone might know)

This is probably the wrong forum, but hey, I feel comfortable that there is someone that can help me. If not, please direct me to the best place!

I am scanning photos for printing on photo paper. My printer has 1200 dpi capability and I am very happy with the output except for one thing: The photos have too much red in them and are darker than the originals. I think that if I fixed the 'red problem' the darkness will also improve.

I use PSP 6.0 and I have tried adjusting the 'red' settings but this also effects the other colours and the image no longer looks natural. There are other colour adjustments you can use but I'm not familiar with the terms 'hues, higlights, midtones' etc. But when I do any adjustments this changes the screen colour as well.

The printer is a Lexmark Z31 and I am using the basic colour cartridge (not the photo cartridge).

As the colour looks OK on screen, I am assuming it's the printer settings I need to adjust. Under Printer Properties, there is a 'Colour Management' tab which currently has a profile of 'Lexz31' which sounds correct.

Does anyone know if the profile can be adjusted or if there is another one that may solve my problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

Hope someone can help.

hey there,

what u nee to do my firned is get your monitor/printer calibration done. You can achive this thru a few dedicated software pacikages -some are cheap but the accurate ones are costly, i can help out with linx and tips BUT I HAVE TO RUN RIGHT NOW, i'll update this post in the coming 24hrs !

cheers,

dizzynoodle
    Asus P2B @ 100Mhz
    PIII 800 / 133Mhz running @100MHZ = 600MHZ!!! VIA Asus Slotkey
    SimpleTECH 128MB X 3/ 100Mhz
    IBM 9.GB Ultrawide Scsi LVD
    IBM 18gb secondary drive @ 7200
    Maxtor 37GB storage drive @ 5400
    Marvel G200 TV
    Microtek E6 scanner via scsi card {adaptec 1502}
    HP CD12ri CDRW 12X10X32 BurnProof!
    Creative Infra48 CD ROM