Anyone know Venice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Venice?

I'm thinking of a weekend break just with Wifey sometime over the winter...

Any suggestions on when and where to stay much appreciated.
    I just got the email about cheap flights, so need to make a decision on when to fly urgently before the price goes up. I can take a little longer to decide where to get a hotel.

TIA

T.
    FT.

I'd be careful about winter time there, as I believe its the 'rainy season' when all the streets are flooded when the water rises 4 feet etc.

Comment

I stayed there in Hotel Ateneo: http://www.ateneo.it/
      Not far from San Marco, Rialto bridge, ... (it is very close to Fenice theater) and not too expensive. Nice hotel: airco, nice rooms, and - to Italian hotelstandards - a decent breakfast.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks - that looks nice

Do you know how you would get there from the Airport and what it would cost?

tvm.
        FT.

Comment

it's ugly, dirty and expensive as hell

just my 2 cents

Rakido
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

on the other hand Venice Florida is a short jog down the road from here and it's pretty, clean and... well nice
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds good...will £29.99 get me there though?
              FT.

Comment

How about Venice, Scotland? I hear the sheep are friendly

Comment

Wifey would have to be in a VERY bad mood for the sheep to be interesting
                  FT.

Comment

Oh one other tip, while the water taxi is a nice ride from the airport, it'll set you back a LOT of money (like around 100). Best bet is to take the train or the much cheaper waterbus if its running there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                      Sounds good...will £29.99 get me there though?
                      It's only a 5000km breaststroke
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If I can stroke breasts all the way...

(Sorry, someone had to say it )
                        FT.

Comment

If I can stroke breasts all the way...
                          Aaaah! Then you must mean Venice Beach, California, where all the breasts are "enhanced" and, in a pinch, can be used as floatation devices.

For a quick preview, here's a live Venice Beachcam:

Amazing Beach Cam - Live streaming HD webcam from Venice Beach, California viewing the peope, skaters, beach and surf

Paul

Comment

Thanks - that looks nice

Do you know how you would get there from the Airport and what it would cost?

tvm.
                            I arrived by train (from Milan)... and just to a Vaporetto (public transport), with a pass for a couple of days, it is extremely cheap. Alternatively, you can get a taxi-boat, but they are expensive.
                            I did leave from Venice airport, went there with a shuttle service (also part of the public transport).

Main problem in Venice is finding your hotel when you arrive: first you need to know the Vaporetto stop, but then you have to find you way around...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                            X