Just got a G4+MMDHA32G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a G4+MMDHA32G

I just got the above card for TV out. I can't test it right now as my machine is running as a server. Does anyone know if this will work ok in a Shuttle SN45G? or will it need some sort mod?

just try it. You can't damange the card or motherboard even if it does need the mod.

Comment

ok i just tried this and as soon as the card touched the AGP slot a RED led came on, on the board. I tired to power the machine up and nothing happened at all.

I removed the card and then put it in again and the LED lit up once more and there was no power to the system.

Just put my 8500LE back in for now.

So what is the problem here, is it a volt mod needed or is the card just dead?

Comment

Yep... I think the volt mod is needed...

Comment

ok cool, i'll do a search for the mod rather than the same thing being post over and over again.

just thought someone might have tried this with an SN45G.

Comment

Originally posted by englishpremier
            ok i just tried this and as soon as the card touched the AGP slot a RED led came on, on the board. I tired to power the machine up and nothing happened at all.
            Poleeze tell me you didn't plug the card in while the system was running, cuz that's exactly how it reads
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

lol, no. the whole sytem was turned off then, i took out the ATI card and tried the Matrox, but what i think is an AGP warning light came on, and when trying to power up the system, it refused to do anything at all no lights no nothing.

I'm guessing it detects that the card shouldn't be there and doesn't power up. AFAIK the sn45g only supports 4x and 8x AGP.

Comment

Originally posted by englishpremier
                ok cool, i'll do a search for the mod rather than the same thing being post over and over again.
                whoa! when did the new users start becoming *gasp* intelligent?

welcome to MURC
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I tried the pencil trick without success. Tried some foil with tape over it. Still didn't power on. I touched my hand foil work with a screwdriver and as long as i held it there the system would power on and boot to windows.

The card is fine, i just need a way to bridge R68, not having access to a soldering iron makes this extremely difficult. I don't think i can make good enough contact with the foil, as its such a smal and fiddely area.

Comment

hi,

do you have a "radio / tv shop" somewhere near? maybe you can ask someone there to solder the two pins. i believe that almost every shop that repair tv's will do that for you for free or a cup of coffee.

dc

Comment

you can use rear defroster repair paint between the two ends - should be available at any automotive store.
                      just be carefull you paint only between the two contacts.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

could find any of that paint, but my flatmate said he's got a 30W soldering iron. Will this be ok to use or will it get too hot and ruin the card??

Comment

will be fine.. just a second todo and a small dab of solder
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

having big problems joining these two contacts. i tried soldering but the solder kind of just disintegrated on contact with the iron and would not stick to the card. I ended up with a blob of gunk over the contacts and it did not join them.

Got rid of the gunk now but in the process the left r68 contact solder kind of came off with the gunk. I'm at a loss what to do now.

Comment

you need to join the two contacts with a small wire soldered to each contact, as you wont be able to bridge them with solder alone.
                              As for the defrost repair paint - try a dealer - I got mine from the Ford dealer, but it is also available at Canadian Tire and Parts Source here in Canada.

As DC suggested - try an electronics repair shop, the cost - if any, would be minimal.
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X