100 Terabyte 3.5-inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Terabyte 3.5-inch

Breakthrough Nanotechnology Will Bring 100 Terabyte 3.5-inch Digital Data Storage Disks
    Have you ever dream of 100 terabyte of data per 3.5-inch disk? New patented innovation nanotechnology from Michael E. Thomas, president of Colossal Storage Corporation, makes it real.

Is that for real !?
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I suppose it's possible. It's one of those wait and see things I suppose.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It does not mention the read/write speed.. it better be 1000 times faster than current technology for a drive with 1000 times the capacity to be usefull. Imagine copying a disk taking a week.
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Holographic. In other words the ultimate extrapolation of layered. The problem is creating the reader that would not error out every time a nearby speaker thumped. <b>If</b> this is real, it would probably start out near the terabyte range and work it's way up.

Comment

I saw it on Slashdot, so it must be true

- Steve

Comment

Slot Ronin 86 adalah permainan slot yang menawarkan pengalaman bermain yang menggugah adrenalin.

Drives are in materials research and prototype development and will not be on the market until 2009.

Anyone know how IBMs Millipede project is going ?
            (was in the news some years ago, it also promised large storage devices...)

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X