Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Windows XP : Bill Gates Throws Us Another Bone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Windows XP : Bill Gates Throws Us Another Bone!

http://www.digitalproducer.com/2001/...windows_xp.htm

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003359.html
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Can someone please tell Matrox that M$ is releasing an new OS in about 10 months? So they perhaps can start looking at it and don't have to start working with the drivers christmas 2001 and be 1-2 years late with them again?

Comment

How do you develop for an OS whose analog multimedia system isn't in a stable form, even after it's been out a year?

Just wondering....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Uh,, The same way you develop for an OS that has had several SP releases and still isn't stable?

This has the benefit of allowing you much fingerpointing at the maker of the OS since they can't release a stable,,,,, Oh wait am I describing theory, or how things are done in reality?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Man! I feel better. I needed that,,,,,,,,,,,,
          Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Ha!

You guys are hilarious!

I love this forum!

Comment

Cpt_KiRK, IM_Riktar... they might if M$ would actually stick to a plan and not screw over the major players in the field! How many times has M$ changed something significant at the last minute and completely blown every ounce of effort put into a manufactures drivers/software/hardware? Alot!

Just like all the peeps (I luv that word!) who complain to Matrox for not having true DH support in Win2K... M$ promised to have this included in Win2k and then to fix it in SP1... and before SP2 came about they claimed it would be built into XP (whistler) so you can sure bet that they gave up on this one.

I don't blame them a single bit for being so hesitant.

BTW it's a whole different critter when it comes to a product that is gold regardless of SP releases and one that is beta. D'oh!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Don't forget guys that every time you trash your video drive or setup a new partition with this OS you will have to plead with M$ for a new installation keycode. Remember this is forced registration OS.
                paulw

Comment

Comment

Hey I was just pokin' some fun out there. I know their is a difference between beta and gold versions of Micro$oft OS's. You can tell by the price! they don't charge you as much to test the "beta" software they admit is buggy.

Stand back folks! I am on fire tonight!
                    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

XP = experience

or

XP = expire

What a load of bullshit or codswallop (depending which side of the Atlantic you're from). The only true implication in that statement is that W2000 hasn't feathered Bill's nest as well as he wished, and is that surprising?

Matrox has plenty of time for drivers: this is still vapourware, as far as the unsuspecting public are concerned. Thank Goodness for that!

------------------
                      Brian (the terrible)
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                      X