No announcement yet.

Olympic Opening Ceremony anyone saw it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Opening Ceremony anyone saw it?

I loved it because they took the world in a tour throughout the history of Greece which was facinating!!

Any other comments?

Cheers,
    Elie

I thought it was quite boring.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I thought it was quite nice
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I thought it was very nice. Of course the parade of nations can get boring after an hour.
        I was very impressed by the stadium design. The living tour of greece history was very cool too.

Comment

Parade of nations is a nice geography lesson. Kept Googling half the nations. As it turns out, the CIA has a website that gives basic information about every country in the world...

Tour of Greece was cool. Bjork was odd, as usual. Very "high art" opening.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I LOVED it! It was very artistic, very beautiful. I loved the way they presented its history, and reminded me that ancient Greece is one of the most influencial foundation of western civilization.

I think they have put up one of the best openings I have ever seen. (at least the ones that I recall).

Congrats to the Greek with this successful opening, dispite the scandals going on there.

Comment

The lighting of the torch was pretty cool too, with how it tilted down to the runner and went back up. I still think my favorite is when the guy shot the flaming arrow at the torch to light it. When was that one... last winter olympics in Salt Lake?

Comment

my favorite is when the guy shot the flaming arrow at the torch to light it. When was that one... last winter olympics in Salt Lake?
                Yeah that was cool, think of it, he only had a single chance and he nailed it

I'm happy for Greece also!

Comment

That was the Winter Games in France in ... 1992? 2002 Salt Lake, 1998 Nagago, Japan, 1994 Lillehammer, Norway .... 1992 Albertville, France.

Yup, that's the one:

Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I missed it. I was launching some rockets...
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Didn't really like the Athens torch ceremony. The flaming arrow was pretty cool, as was the ski jumper in Lillehammer. I have always enjoyed the Winter Olympics better than the summer games, anyhow.

Comment

Womens Beach VolleyBall.

Sport...or entertainment?
                        FT.

Comment

missed it... but if my info is corect vangelis was not used.. which is a disapointmant....
                          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                            Womens Beach VolleyBall.

Sport...or entertainment?
                            Why can't it be both?

Comment

Working...
                            X