My Favorite Cook, Julia Child Dead - 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Cook, Julia Child Dead - 91

During WWII, she served with the Office of Strategic Services in Washington D.C., as well as in Sri Lanka and China.
    Last edited by Brian R.; 13 August 2004, 08:24.

For those who don't want to register for the Washingspam Post...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Login details for www.washingtonpost.com

Account #1
      fedup@mailinator.com
      fedup

(From bugmenot)

Comment

Washington post sends no spam. Doesn't sell your address either. They use that information for demographics.

Comment

Well, what if every webpage wanted to use information for demographics.

Most people provide bogus data anyway, I pick the first country on the alphabet (I avoid Albania or Afghanistan)

Comment

Rest in Peace, Julia.

She really was a pioneer and brought fine cooking to the masses. She was the first one you thought of when a cooking show was mentioned.

Comment

RIP indeed.
              Her many years of teaching us ignorant americans about fine cuisine has not gone unappreciated.
              I can remember, as a child, my mother (and grandmother) watching her shows, and trying her recipies. Made for an interesting culinary diversity growing up.
              Even in my adult years, I will stop my channel surfing if I see Julia preparing something tasty.
              Hearing her melodic 'bon apetite' sign off will be missed....
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                Well, what if every webpage wanted to use information for demographics.
                Ok, I give up, what if? What if you stopped being hypothetical?
                Last edited by Brian R.; 13 August 2004, 18:12.

Comment

if it wasn't for PBS we'd not know to miss her. She'll always be a classic to me
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X