Hercules ATI AIW 9800SE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules ATI AIW 9800SE...

Paddy, anyone, who has this card. Any one of you managed to download the atiCDwiz-v3-0.exe and get it to validate your installtion CD? Keeps saying invalid for mine.

And, is it worth upgrading what this upgrades? (If not, I suppose I couldn't care less, but I've been told it helps out a bit from the old 2.2 it updates from)

And yes. It doesn't softmod well this one...

J1NG

erm... dunno what you mean matey.
    I only ever download and install the driver updates.

Got a link and I'll try?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

ATI's driver page for AIW's : http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/w...=12&submit.y=7

The DVD Decoder driver ( http://www2.ati.com/drivers/atiCDwiz-v3-0.exe ) asks for your original installation CD for verification that you have the AIW 9800SE (or whatever supported CD) before it will update the DVD Decoder to the latest. Just wondering whether you or anyone else had any luck in getting the Hercules original installation CD verified so it will install this update. (I know it also says that it needs to be 8.1 MMC or above, but the Hercules CD is 8.8 isn't it?)

Stupid ATI, why make something so hard to update?

Oh, and about my sig. I do fortune telling of sorts (Chinese styles only now), and just stating that if anyone on MURC had a child of late (last 4 years) and wants a reading of sorts done, then you can PM me your child's time and date of birth, sex, country of birth (or if that place has stuff like daylight saving) and I'll give a free reading about them. Returned via PM or email. Uh, no records will be kept about the children also (You're just gonna have to trust me on that )

J1NG

Comment

I have a ATI 9800Pro AIW, and it gave me some problems installing that too. Kept taking me back to the "Validate" cd. I clicked it 5 times or so, then it finally took it, and updated. Didn't notice any difference with the new version though.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Well it just kept saying "invalid cd etc..." for me. Wouldn't even go further than page 2 of cd verification.

Oh well, if the new thing doesn't do anything different, I can live without it. Just wondered if it was the Hercules installation CD or if it was with everyone, or just me.

J1NG

Comment

I get the same problem...
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Looks like I should just ignore it then. Thanks for the help Paddy.

J1NG

Comment

erm.. if you call 'I get the same problem too' as help, then cheers!

Comment

my 2 cents worth : ermm.. coz you people are using HERCULES ati cards and not the original ati cards maybe?

i had a similar problems... with a Sapphire ati card and a ati tv card that i just forgot the whole thing.. i am happy with the normal drivers and the default multimedia suite ( with the cd u get more features i think)
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

LOL

Probably!

Comment

Nope! Looking at the Hercules site here, it says to insert the CD to validate.

Reading over at Rage3D, it seems that there is a lot of people with this problem so it must be the Hercules CD.

Is thre anyone out there with a workaround, or someone who has a valid CD and is prepared to host the update?

Although, to be honest, I think i'd rather stick with PowerDVD!
                      Last edited by Paddy; 15 August 2004, 02:32.

Comment

Working...
                      X