How can you lock a browser window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you lock a browser window?

Murc emails are good, click a link and they always open in a new window. Other things are not so good. When working at home I use Outlook Web Access. I need the window all the time. I don't want to click on an interesting link and have it occupy my OWA browser window (IE btw, no flames please).

So, is there a way I can 'lock' a window, so it can't get used by something else, and also so it can't be closed accidentally?

TIA.
    FT.

In Internet Options | Advanced there is a setting:
    'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts'

This is by default checked; try unchecking it...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks VJ that's stopping OWA getting re-used, and solves part of the problem.

Is there a more elegant window-management solution? For example something that allows you to re-use windows if the title doesn't change, something that prompts before closing selected windows etc.
      FT.

Comment

Wait for Az, he'll come in here screaming 'Opera!'

To be honest, I'm not sure... The functionality you are asking is quite complex...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I meant to add that the downside to this solution is that you can rapidly end up with a lot of open windows to close!
          FT.

Comment

You could, of course, always try another browser...

Honestly, why not use IE for OWA (I guess it is not compatible with other browsers), and use Moz or a better browser (see sig) for browsing? (In case you are allowed to install software)

There are even "1 click setups" to make Opera look and behave a little more like IE. I haven't tried them yet, though.

AZ

P.S.: Yeah I know that wasn't very helpful, but VJ said I would come in here screaming 'Opera!'. Well, he was wrong, I said it very calmly.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

nicely put. I am thinking of home use, so I can install a.n. other browser. When at work I use Outlook,and do less browsing ( ) so it is less of an issue.

tvm.
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X